TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

EHME

... EHME said:

The great EHME now condemns you to shut the fuck up, or else feel the wrath of being sent to a primarly African-American ghetto, where you will be subjected to a brutal rape of sterotypical African-American criminals... Where they will know about your sick, racist past.

I have been assured that death threats and vilification against my gender and my sexuality will not be tolerated on TSM. I am not concerned about insults of any kind, but I would like to know if death threats and rape threats are considered one and the same.

If not, I'd like a clarification concerning policy, as this seems to concern women more then men, and TSM's misogynistic history has been amply documented.

If so, then I'd like a clarification concerning the difference.

It is my opinion that threatening to rape an innocent is the equivalent of threatening to torture an innocent, and both should incur the same punishment.

Is it TSM policy that threats of rape do not constitute a reason to ban, even in the NHB folder? Because I have been told that threatening death does constitute a reason to ban, even in NHB.

So. You have a choice.

Death- the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism.

Rape- any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

Death- the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism.

Rape- any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

Indeed. I would simply like to know whether TSM policy distinguishes between threats of death and threats of rape.

No Holds Barred is just that. Unless a rule is specifically stated, just about anything is in-bounds in that folder.

Including death threats?

And if so, is a threat to rape a person equivalent to a threat to kill a person?

(not equating the two acts per se)

Because you HAVE said you'd ban people for making death threats even in NHB.

Don't fuck with me on this.

Give me a straight answer.

And follow your own damn policies.

Now.

I don't recall saying I'd ban people for making death threats in NHB. If I did, it was years ago. Tzar Lysergic posted a thread that is pinned at the top of that folder in September of '06, that's our current (virtually non-existant) rules of the forum. If you have a problem, ask him about it. There is NO rule currently stating it is off-limits.

do you actually think this guy would look you up and come to your house and rape/kill you?

No. But the board rules clearly state that such threats will not be tolerated, no matter whether they are plausible or not.

That is not the relevant criterion.

The relevant criterion is whether such a threat was made. And it was. It's spelled out there in black and white, if you'll excuse the expression.

Either the administration of the board follows its own rules or it once again acknowledges that there are some rules for girls and some rules for boys.

I don't recall saying I'd ban people for making death threats in NHB. If I did, it was years ago. Tzar Lysergic posted a thread that is pinned at the top of that folder in September of '06, that's our current (virtually non-existant) rules of the forum. If you have a problem, ask him about it. There is NO rule currently stating it is off-limits.

Really. So making death threats is just fine now, as long as it's in NHB?

there are rules here?

i don't think rape and kill threats are threats at all coming from people that are big and bad behind the keyboard.

and maybe they'd treat the girls better if they didn't act like, well, whiny little brats. but what am i saying, all girls act like that. right....?

Do you have some sort of raging desire to make death threats?

No, and as you might note, I have not done so.

Agent covers the folder, so this really isn't my call.

Then you might consider shutting your fucking mouth.

I'm just giving the best answers I can at the moment.

Which, frankly, suck. So be quiet.

Out of curiosity, Marney, who told you that people were banned for death threats?

I do believe that was the case at one point in time..

Im just pleased to see EHME reverting back to his old self...no way he'll be able to keep up the act much longer.

there are rules here?

As established by the mods, yes. I just think they should be applied equally.

i don't think rape and kill threats are threats at all coming from people that are big and bad behind the keyboard.

I'm not saying I treat such threats seriously. Never have. I'm just saying that they should be punished equally unless TSM is prepared to state unequivocally that death is worse than torture, rape, and death.

and maybe they'd treat the girls better if they didn't act like, well, whiny little brats. but what am i saying, all girls act like that. right....?

Yeah, whatever, here.

I always believe that anything should be allowed in NHB.

Really?

Fine.

Then let's let death threats be allowed in NHB. And let's let rape threats be allowed in NHB.

But what's the rationale for letting death threats being allowed in NHB while letting rape threats pass you the fuck by?

I'm not saying it's unjustifiable. I'm asking for a JUSTIFICATION.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Neither death threats nor rape threats are against the rules in the Chocolate Socket. If somewhere this is listed as a current rule, someone please say where so I can edit it out. I apologize in advance for being a blindfag, but I can't find it anywhere in the board guidelines nor Agent's pinned thread in CS where threats of violence are somehow distinguished from other flaming. I'm guessing whoever recently told you otherwise is confused.

I believe mike the admin once said that death threats weren't allowed in nhb because someone said something about wildpegasus and he got a phone call.

But I don't think anyone takes him seriously. For the most part, the edict in NHB is anything goes

I always believe that anything should be allowed in NHB.

Really?

Fine.

Then let's let death threats be allowed in NHB. And let's let rape threats be allowed in NHB.

But what's the rationale for letting death threats being allowed in NHB while letting rape threats pass you the fuck by?

I'm not saying it's unjustifiable. I'm asking for a JUSTIFICATION.

It's no worse then racism.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

I just talked to Mike, and he confirmed that such a rule was in effect some years back because he got called by the police over some incident, but now that he has more anonymity and legal protection from getting dragged into stupid crap like this, he says it's up to me now.

And I say that threats of any sort of violence, be they death, rape, broken legs or whatever else, are not against the rules in NHB.

I say that threats of any sort of violence, be they death, rape, broken legs or whatever else, are not against the rules in NHB.

Then I say that you are a piece of shit, because you have not enforced the rule equally. Because, as I have detailed, other instances have occurred outside of NHB.

Suck it.

Oh, and by the way? Do you really want to cross me on this?

And I say that threats of any sort of violence, be they death, rape, broken legs or whatever else, are not against the rules in NHB.

Do. You. Really. Want. To. Go. There.

Just which court in the United States do you think is going to agree with, you pathetic little boy?

(Barring the 9th Circuit.)