TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 4/28 - 5/4

Guest College Party

That's it, blow the whole thing up. There's no pitching on this team, and the hitters are hacking at crap. What a collapse. Another Chicago team buckling under expectations: Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, and now Cubs. Over and over and over, I sit through this.

I'm not gonna hop on the ledge with Czech (seriously, the Brewers are likely in trouble without Gallardo and the Cards have Looper and Wellemeyer in their rotation), but there are problems here:

- Soriano's baseball retarded. His striking out at balls in the dirt isn't new, but what in the world is he doing in the outfield? That was an embarrassing play. I've never heard Bob Brenley so flat-out rip a player to shreds.

- Lou's making some questionable decisions. Seriously, Chad Fox? Is this 2005? Why the hell is he on this roster, anyway?

- For all the crap Cedeno catches, Theriot's not much better and his fielding is really poor if you're actually paying attention.

And I don't agree about the hacking part. Soriano's going to change that patience thing we had going a bit, but the Cubs are still surprisingly among the top teams in OBP so far. That isn't going to change drastically. Fukudome and Soto are changing the team's rep as a hack-tastic squad. Really, Soriano and Theriot are probably the only impatient hitters of the regular starters right now. Coincidently, they're also the team's 1-2 punch.

Guest College Party

Did you watch the last few games? There have been way too many one-pitch and two-pitch outs, and Soto has been one of the worst lack-of-offenders.

Brenly's getting irritated, I think. You think Soriano got it bad? He tore Pie up even worse.

I don't get the Chad Fox thing either. We should get a chance to see how Sean Gallagher is doing.

The Gallardo injury indeed sucks for the Brewers. Sheets basically has to stay healthy and pitch well for the majority of the remaining season for the Brewers to have a shot, and that seems like a pretty iffy proposition at best.

You can't blame Yost for having Gallardo stay in the game, though. The training staff said he was fine to continue. My understanding of the injury is that it was already torn (which of course they couldn't find out until after the game)...you can't really do further damage by continuing to pitch.

Did you watch the last few games? There have been way too many one-pitch and two-pitch outs, and Soto has been one of the worst lack-of-offenders.

Brenly's getting irritated, I think. You think Soriano got it bad? He tore Pie up even worse.

I don't get the Chad Fox thing either. We should get a chance to see how Sean Gallagher is doing.

I've seen bits and pieces. I can say they've looked like morons on the bases and the field. Brenly seemed unusually pissed off last night; I did see him tear into Pie, but he was blasting Soriano a full inning after the awful defensive play happened.

I can't hate Soto. After dealing with the tandem of Koyie Hill and Jason Kendall last year, it's great to see a catcher capable of hitting. I still think you're overreacting. I'm not saying they don't have problems and right now, I couldn't see them being much of a match for Arizona or any of the better AL teams. But it's not like we're watching 2006 unfold before our eyes.

And the Mets horrid bullpen strikes again. Just when the Mets come within striking distance of the Diamondbacks in the sixth to make it 5-4, actually scoring four runs off Brandon Webb who has possibly been the best pitcher the whole season so far....and Sanchez and Schoeneweis come in the eighth to give up FIVE runs! Awful.

This team isn't built for success. Not with that sloppy Achilles Heel bullpen of theirs.

Jorge Sosa (4) now has more wins than Johan Santana (3).

This is a cruel, unjust universe.

I caught the Jays-White Sox game at Rogers Centre yesterday. Blue Jays fans seem like the quietest in all of North American major league sports. My bro is a White Sox fan and caught 0 taunting. I'm glad Jays fans are not Douchbags, but some good natured ribbing should be mandatory for away fans. For as good as Leaf and WWE crowds are in Toronto, Jays fans suck.