TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Breakdancingbatista

Whats Ultimo Dragon Upto Nowadays?

I know he's done some Indys around Michigan and Canada the last few years, and I thought I heard he worked Mexico again.

Dragon's full time job is still running Dragon Gate (the promotion formerly known as Toryumon) and their training school iirc, but he still occasionally works Mexico, Japan, or American indies when he is paid enough[/i] feels like it.

Dragon's full time job is still running Dragon Gate (the promotion formerly known as Toryumon) and their training school iirc, but he still occasionally works Mexico, Japan, or American indies when he is paid enough[/i] feels like it.

Ultimo Dragon has nothing to do with Dragon Gate; when they changed their name from Toryumon to DG that was primarily because they were no longer affiliated with him. He still runs his gym in Mexico and they hold occasional Toryumon shows down there, I think, and he may or may not still occasionally run shows in Japan. I wouldn't know because DGUsa doesn't cover any of it anymore.

Really? Huh. I was misinformed. Admittedly I don't pay much attention to any puro these days, let alone indy puro. I do wonder why, if they changed the name specifically because he wasn't involved anymore, why they changed it to something with Dragon in the title.

Dragon spends most of his time in Mexico where he lives now. He works for CMLL and has his own promotion, DragonMania with students, guys from Japan and Students: Here's the results from tonights show:

Dragonmania (SUN) 05/11 Arena Mexico

0) Durango Kid, Steve Pain, Thunder Wolf b Chilango, Laberinto, Principe Orion

1) Arkangel de la Muerte & Negro Navarro b Daisuke Hanaoka & Satoshi Kajiwara

2) Hiroka & Mima Shimoda b Fuka & Sahori

3) Hiromi Horiguchi, Ohara, Shigeo Okumura b Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Platino, La Máscara

4) Katsuhiko Nakajima & Miyakawa b Dr. X & Nitro

5) Alex Koslov b Amigo Suzuki, Astro Boy, Hijo del Fantasma, Loco Max, Marco Corelone, Olimpico, Super Nova, Texano Jr. [Dragon Scramble]

6) Pequeño Damian 666 b Toshiya Matsuzaki [hair]

7) Animal & Kensuke Sasaki b Damián 666 & Terrible [uWA TAG]

8) Atlantis, Rene Dupree, Último Guerrero b Místico, Tatsumi Fujinami, Último Dragón