TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hasbeen2

Bill Watts mid-south/UWF, Von Erich's World Class

How many who wrestled in those two territories are still active or semi-active? Off the top of my head I can think of Hacksaw Duggan, Rick Steiner, Shawn Michaels (jobber in the midsouth), Sting, Brad Armstrong, Jake Roberts, Kamala, Ricky Morton. Depending on their health, Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey might still be out there somewhere.

I imagine King Kong Bundy is still doing indy shows somewhere.

Jim Cornette is still technically active as a personality.

I found Scott Hall wrestled in World Class in 1985, I don't remember that at all. Buddy Landell, Iceman Parsons, Butch Reed, Abdullah, Koko B Ware might still make appearances from time to time. I'm pretty sure Barry Darsow still makes some shows maybe under the Demolition gimmick.

From wikipedia: On March 1st and 2nd 2008 he re-teamed with partner Ax and the One Man Gang to participate in Chikara Pro's King of Trios tournament at the famed ECW Arena.

You can count the One Man Gang as active too. Lots more than I thought. I hope they're doing it for fun and for a few extra bucks more than depending on the money to get by.

Skandar Akbar has his own school in Louisiana. He still manages on the indy's.

Bobby Fulton of the Fantastics wrestles from time to time.

Was Tommy Rich in World Class? You can put him on the list too. Chavo Guerrero wrestled at Rey De Reyes a couple weeks ago. Bill Dundee still wrestles in the south. Hector Guerrero was just on TNA tonight. Brickhouse Brown still does indy's. Kamala is also active. Butch from the Sheephearders is in ROH.

You can count the One Man Gang as active too.

I'm glad to hear that. I could have sworn he died at the beginning of '07.

No, I'm not thinking of Bam Bam Bigelow.

Hopefully he's in good enough shape or they're keeping his movement to a minimum. Nobody should go to these shows expecting veterans to do moonsaults, but if they go wanting to be entertained and for the nostalgia the old guys can still provide it.

I've seen the match. He's alright and lost a lot of weight since his Akeem days. He can't even fit in the Akeem costume because it's too big for him. I don't think he's really active though. He's still a prison guard in Louisiana.

That's good to hear, I thought he was underrated as a monster heel. People remember that US title run that came out of nowhere but I remember some good matches he had as UWF champ before he hit the WWF. He showed a lot of personality as Akeem, sure that was silly but that's what the WWF was at that time.