TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Let's Talk About...Vince Russo's first stint booking WCW

If we're talking bad ECW shows, November 2 Remember '98 is hard top but I remember Wrestlepalooza '98 being pretty terrible too.

I would not consider either of those to be bad.

Also, for historical purposes, the first two Royal Rumble and first four Survivor Series pay-per-views did not feature title matches.

Oddly enough I kinda like N2R 98 since I laughed my ass off at Terry Funk running in on half the matches on the show. It's about the context, I wouldn't put up with that from a WCW PPV for instance but with ECW I went with it and had fun. I've never seen that WrestlePalooza show.

Besides there wasn't anything on either of those ECW shows that wrecked the company, or hideous booking, etc.

With GAB 91 I have seen some individual matches on it, stuff like Oz vs. Ron Simmons, OMG vs. El Gigante, Sting/Nikita. It's hurt by the deadest crowd ever, but there wasn't anything so offensive in any of it that made me scream "This is the worst shit ever!"

With GAB '91, you at least have a few decent match. Sting vs. Nikita, Gibson vs. Morton and the Freebirds vs. Rhodes and Young Pistols 6-man are all fine. The dead crowd really doesn't help and the choice of 'main-event' was downright bizarre, but there are a few PPVs with far less going for them.