TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Count me in.

I was going to cut the sign-up sheet off at 16, but I will make an exception for you. Sign-up is now officially closed.

I would like makeup picks to be able to be made whenever that person gets back from whatever they're doing. I'm not sure I like the tail-end of the draft idea.

I would like makeup picks to be able to be made whenever that person gets back from whatever they're doing. I'm not sure I like the tail-end of the draft idea.

I'm open to that. So, whenever they can during that round, then?

That's how a real draft would work. Remember when the Vikings didn't get their pick in a few years ago and the next couple teams quickly made their selections?

That's kinda neat. It's the way we've done the music draft as well.

It's the way the NBA one is going to, a couple people have waited too long and the time limit passed, so the next person goes, but whenever the skipped person gets back on-line they have free reign to pick.

Okay, I have slightly altered the rules. Also, I think that we should send a PM to the next person in line (a la the desert island album thread) once we have made our selections. I am going to randomly select the choosing order (unless a mod would feel more comfortable doing this). Let me know and we can get this thing started.

Okay, I have slightly altered the rules. Also, I think that we should send a PM to the next person in line (a la the desert island album thread) once we have made our selections. I am going to randomly select the choosing order (unless a mod would feel more comfortable doing this). Let me know and we can get this thing started.

You should be able to find a random number generator on line to make the order. Sign ups gives you the number, scramble them and that's the draft order.

Also on the voting are we looking at workrate, promo abilities, or a combination of both? Or our own choice?

Christ, with so many people picking.. Your second pick could realistically be number 18 in your top 30 list if you created it all by yourself.

Person number one is going to have a great advantage over person seventeen here.

Edit:

I'm not being a smartass.. and I know there's nothing that can be done about it, i'm just saying.

Wait... aren't we doing serpentine draft rules?

IE 1 to 17, and then second round goes 17 up to 1.

Also there's enough out there that realistically you can get a really good roster if you plan it out well. I mean this is dealing with the hundred something plus HISTORY of professional wrestling.

Wait... aren't we doing serpentine draft rules?

IE 1 to 17, and then second round goes 17 up to 1.

Also there's enough out there that realistically you can get a really good roster if you plan it out well. I mean this is dealing with the hundred something plus HISTORY of professional wrestling.

We can do that if everybody else is in favor of it.

That's how most of the board drafts are being run, I'm just sayin'.

Serpentine rules it is. Via random number generator, here is the choosing order:

01. TheOriginalOrangeGoblin

02. Drury37

03. Garth

04. KingKamalaClassic

05. Crandamaniac

06. 909

07. Diamonddust

08. Fartsauce

09. The Great Mazto

10. mellowblissful

11. Broward83

12. naiwf

13. Hunter's Torn Quad

14. bps21

15. Steviekick

16. The Franchise

17. Hawk34

I will update an abridged list of everybody's selections, at the top of the thread, at least once a day to make this easier on everybody. So, unless anybody else has any more suggestions, we are pretty much set. The draft officially begins at 6:00 P.M. Eastern Time.

Right.. Do we place our picks in this thread as a reply, and the original post #1 is cointinually updated?

16th hey?

David Flair will be my first world champion I guess.

No, that's not my official entrant :]

Right.. Do we place our picks in this thread as a reply, and the original post #1 is cointinually updated?

Just reply to the topic with your picks. I will update the top post as often as I can, and it should serve as a good frame of reference as to who has already been selected. With that said, it is 6:00 PM, ET, and the draft is officially open. Good luck everyone.

I've got another fifteen backups to knock off!

I'm quite looking forward to this.

Edit: Ignore my post a few posts above.. I didnt realise it was actually 6pm ET already.

At least I know where I am with time now.. + 5 hours is English time.

Hey mellow, could I get in at 18? Or would that be too much? This draft is intriguing.

Sorry. I would, except everything is already set in place. Next time, brother.

This could be something that has alot of replayability. Get a couple different people in it each time, it could be killer.

Is this limited to North American based wrestlers or is this open to international talent as well? In theory, you could potentially draft only lucha stars in order to create a stronger overall promotion. How many rounds do expect to do?

are we talking about an EWR type game or what

Just a mock draft for fun. If you want in, let me know now. Here is what I propose:

16 participants.

30 singles wrestler selections.

4 tag team selections.

How does this sound to everybody?

Hey mellow, could I get in at 18? Or would that be too much? This draft is intriguing.

Sorry. I would, except everything is already set in place. Next time, brother.

No one's even made a pick yet, but ok.