TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Smackdown Spoilers for 5/30/08

Dark Match:

* Jesse & Festus b. Two Local Jobbers

SmackDown: (Airing Friday at 8:00p.m. ET)

As SmackDown comes on the air, Edge cuts a promo talking about The Undertaker. Vickie Guerrero says who even knows if Undertaker is in the building tonight.

Batista's music hits and he makes his way to ringside with a huge ovation.

SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero is out next with a ridiculous amounts of heat. She announces that Batista & a partner of his choice will take on Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins later tonight. I am told that she is drawing so much heat, she is hardly able to get the announcement out.

* Matt Hardy b. Elijah Burke

- I'm told Hardy didn't react much with the crowd after his victory.

* Chuck Palumbo vs. Finley & Hornswoggle

- Palumbo is disqualified early on as he takes a chain off his bike and hits Finley in the face with it.

* It is announced that The Undertaker will be a special guest on "The Cutting Edge" tonight.

Edge shows clips of The Undertaker's career.

* CM Punk b. John Morrison

- The Miz is told to go to the back. I'm told Morrison was booed out of the building!

* Batista comes out and says he doesn't need a partner for his match tonight. Vickie comes out with Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins and says it will be a handicap match. Batista then says just because he doesn't need a partner doesn't mean he doesn't have one. Big Shows comes out and wheels Vickie to the back.

Up next is Batista & Big Show vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins in a Handicap match.

* Batista & Big Show b. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins after Bastista hits the Batista bomb and Big Show hits the choke slam simultaneously.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Shannon Moore.

- I'm told Kozlov received a lot of heel heat.

* I'm told SmackDown ends with Edge and La Familia throwing The Undertaker into a coffin.

So, that's what I got. The only spoilers I could find on the web thus far.

We'll see if these are true or not. Suffice to say...well, at least Punk got a win in this match.

Vickie is the biggest heel in the company. Awesome.

VICKIE FOR WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPION.

I'm told this would be a crazy idea.

For the record, the reason why it's "I'm told" often is because the original article was someone reporting what a friend called him to tell him what happened on the show.

For the record, the reason why it's "I'm told" often is because the original article was someone reporting what a friend called him to tell him what happened on the show.

I get the reasoning, but that's why it bothers me. Just credit the guy reporting the spoilers!

Vickie really does get insane heat, it's amazing. I think it's because wrestling fans hate looking at fat chicks on TV/in the arena, usually because they have to put up with one at home or they are one.

I get the reasoning, but that's why it bothers me. Just credit the guy reporting the spoilers!

He did credit the guy, but I didn't see a point in doing so.

Here's the original article link.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/9335

No MVP... No SD! for me.

According to these spoilers he has a backstage segment/match with Jamie Knoble.

!confirm that. As an Australian viewer I've just seen the match. MVP says he's half man half amazing, while Jame Noble is barely half a man. Leads to noble demanding the match from Vickie, she accepts. And there's a match, where MVP proves that Noble is pussy compared to him.

I'm really looking forward to the draft, primarily to just see how Smackdown is handled from it. The show is in desperate need for new talent. Unfortunately, I have a small fear we're just going to see the brand downgraded more than it is now after it. That can be an ok thing if it gives the company a middle ground show to really heavily emphasize in ring work more than the other brands with legitmately strong workers that are floundering in the middle of the cards littering the scene.

I'm sure it would never sell anyway, but I'd throw all the tag teams (merge the tag belts), women, and high flyers (finally create an X division knockoff) on Smackdown exclusively and just revolve the show around those divisions exclusively with the WHC feud of the moment and those workers in such feud, have ECW be the "breeding ground" where new talent is brought in and grown along with featuring ECW Champion and their program (with the ECW title just always being have to be defended in Extreme Rules to differentiate the brand), and Raw has the main eventers, established draws and upper card singles guys, with of course keeping the WWE title picture heavy on that show, but also prominently featuring the US/IC titles as well.

It's almost a way to force the company to tighten up their focus a little bit more, as my whole point of all of this is that Smackdown has little to no individuality or real reason to tune in anymore. We already know and expect that on Monday nights, if WWE has a big angle, match, announcement, etc, planned, it will be on Raw versus Smackdown just because. And in ECW I know to expect them to start most of their guys right there and establish them a bit (see: Colin Delaney and Kofi) so with that said, what exactly is the purpose of Smackdown (to us, the fans, I mean)? Every week is pretty much forgettable and nothing groundbreaking happens on these shows. Can you see this shit keeping us glued to the TV if they flipped flopped with the Raw timeslot for a few weeks? At least I can still usually make it through Raw without falling asleep, but the booking of Smackdown, more weeks than not, is just downright dull and drab. Hardly anyone from the brand is really pushed strongly in relative nature to the entire company. Guys like MVP, Edge, etc, just flounder here and aren't really reaching their purpose in the company on a show like this. Oh wait, we get Santino and Cousin Sal coming up, oh boy!