TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Golf Thread for June.

Tiger is choking this one away. Was 3 up after 10, is now even after 14 and looking like he's going to drop a shot here.

...and Rocco has just fucked himself over.

Tiger can lay it up onto the green and putt his way to victory.

I don't ever recall so many golf commentators openly rooting for a player to win a tourney. It's almost like they had money on Rocco. I feel bad for the guy, but Tiger losing there would have sucked after all of the great shots he made during the week.

What an exciting ending.

I was rooting for Mediate, but Tiger is just too good. Mediate has balls of steel to go toe to toe with Tiger like that. I bow down to the guy.

But, I think I agree with what this guy on my local radio said about Tiger. He's the greatest player at his sport in the history of any sport.

Does ESPN REALLY need to do a cheesy inspirational highlight package everytime Tiger wins a Major?

If there's one thing I don't like about Tiger then it's the way ESPN bows to him. Then again I guess if anyone's earned that treatment on the network then it's him (and probably only him).

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke

Why is this such a big deal? It's only golf. Golf is just what boring white people do in their spare time. It's not important. It's not worthy of leading off Sportscenter any time there's a tournament. The rise of golf as a sport that anyone can possibly give a flying fuck about just gives me fits. The spelling bee is more compelling than golf. How can anyone call Tiger Woods the best athlete of our generation? He plays golf.

How can anyone call Tiger Woods the best athlete of our generation? He plays golf.

Do you agree that golf is a sport?

Golf is just what boring white people do in their spare time. It's not important.

In the scope of what?

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke

Ignore my vitriol: refer to the thread I made in NHB. Golf's a sport, just not one I think highly of, probably because I'm even worse at it than other sports. Mini-golf is cool, though. Mini-golf is where the focus should've been. I just don't care for golf. I also don't like boats. I could never be a WASP.

It's not worth fretting over a sport that only deserves attention for just four tournaments a year.

I was going to make a big argument about Tiger being the most dominating "sports person" (so I could avoid the athlete debate) at his/her sport, but like golf, no one's going to care about this thread in a few days.

Why is this such a big deal? It's only golf. Golf is just what boring white people do in their spare time. It's not important. It's not worthy of leading off Sportscenter any time there's a tournament. The rise of golf as a sport that anyone can possibly give a flying fuck about just gives me fits. The spelling bee is more compelling than golf. How can anyone call Tiger Woods the best athlete of our generation? He plays golf.

How can you not call Tiger the greatest athlete of ou...oh wait, you don't play golf, so you wouldn't understand.

How can you not call Tiger the greatest athlete of ou...oh wait, you don't play golf, so you wouldn't understand.

I've tired to golf and can apprieciate the skill, but if a guy like John Daley can play at the highest professional level, I don't consider golfers great athletes.

I've tired to golf and can apprieciate the skill, but if a guy like John Daley can play at the highest professional level, I don't consider golfers great athletes.

Why judge golfers by the worst specimen? Was Gilbert Brown a great athlete? Or John Kruk?

Breaking News: Tiger is going to have reconstructive ACL surgery and is out for the season. That adds a little something to his US Open win for me.

Yes, I didn't hear that until after I posted. I came in from a walk and heard the tail end of the report. That makes it even more impressive.

The week of Memorial [two weeks before the Open], I thought there was no chance he could play," Haney said in a telephone interview from his home in Texas. "The doctors told him he needed to be on crutches for three weeks and then three more weeks of inactivity, and then you start rehabbing.

"But Tiger looked the guy in the eye and said, 'I'm playing in the U.S. Open and I'm going to win.' Then he started putting on his shoes and told me we're going to go practice. It's just incredible."

That's just ridiculous.

Not only ACL surgery, but rehab on a double stress fracture in his tibia that was discovered TWO WEEKS BEFORE the Open. Tiger Woods is a bad, bad man.

I'm tired of Tiger winning all the time and all the media hype, but GOD LORD I've never seen anyone dominate a sport in such an epic manner. I'm sick of it, but really deserves all the media blow jobs.