TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Raw Thread 6/23/08

The thing is Batista has just flat out zero heat to win the title at this PPV. He's such a blatant lame duck challenger it's not even funny. I would expect Edge to either have 5 guys running in to help him win or it'll just be a DQ.

Cena pretty much has to win the title from HHH. It keeps the title on Raw, while Edge retaining keeps that belt on SD.

Yeah, Kofi already lost to Shelton and the loss to JBL was nowhere near a squash.

Yeah, it wasn't a squash since Kofi got some moves in and did in fact have a mini-comeback right at the end there. However, it wasn't as competitive as I was expecting and it left the general impression that Kofi got his ass whupped. As opposed to coming up just short against a more experienced wrestler.

That doesn't seem to be the way to get a hot newcomer over in his first exposure on the big show (no pun intended), but what do I know. Nothing, that's what. Heck, he at least managed that nifty backflip off the rope back into the ring after the irish whip. That had to count for something.

I reacted negatively since I no longer enjoy JBL in the ring (helluva commentator though) and Kingston's one of the few reasons I make a half-hearted attempt to watch 'ECW' on a non-WWE site every once in a while. However, it did fit with the general theme of the evening which was 'ECW' = Raw and Smackdown's chewtoy. Tazz's commentary by the end of the battle royal was hilarious. I was half expecting him to walk out once Matt Hardy got eliminated.

If Matt Hardy had written a blog like JR's he would have been fired, I'll bet you.

For the people thinking that Batista will win and Triple H retain:

...you REALLY think they're gonna end the La Familia story before the Edge/Vickie wedding?

Edge being without a title doesn't end the relationship with Vicki and La Familia.

...you REALLY think they're gonna end the La Familia story before the Edge/Vickie wedding?

Edge being without a title doesn't end the relationship with Vicki and La Familia.

The title adds to the story, though...since the whole reason Edge loves Vickie is she finds ways to make him World Champ.

The title adds to the story, though...since the whole reason Edge loves Vickie is she finds ways to make him World Champ.

Triple H has a title and so does TBS (in theory). Edge would just use Vickie to get every opportunity for either world title. Hell, they already set the seeds for Hunter and Edge.

HHH should lose the title to Cena. That way there's more fan interest in seeing Hunter chase Edge for the title plus he gets title win number 13. Also, we might not have to wait until Wrestlemania 25 for Cena / Batista. WWE theoretically has their two main events for SummerSlam.

Hunter doesn't need to add another notch to his tally this quickly. Edge plays his best at seeking any opportunity to capitalize on the weakness of others. Which means Edge is better at the chase then he is as the target. Cena has always been better at the chase as well like most faces in Cena's position. The heel turned Batista doesn't even need to rush into a feud with Cena. That's a huge match that really should be saved for Wrestlemania and not SummerSlam.

Batista still has mileage left in the Jericho/HBK issue which could seriously expand into an even more epic angle with his logical involvement. Cena has a batch of new routes to take.