TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Impact Spoilers for 7/24

Did I fall asleep during this or did the Lethal/Petey match not even air?

And does anyone see a possible connection between these two?

What are they doing with Abyss anyway? It seems like his gimmick now ever since he returned, is that he helps people when they are beat down

Wow, that Price Justice League stuff is some goofy shit, not really that funny though. I just dont care for the Super Eric character at all.

From what I understand, one of the characters Abyss used to play on the indy circuit was someone by the name of Prince Justice. He didn't wear a mask and talked a lot (apparently he's pretty charismatic). Think about it. He comes out of the asylum with a fear of using weapons, but he's still running around like a hero helping random people. The Prince Justice Brotherhood are pseudo superheroes, trying to rid TNA of all the injustice. I'm thinking this will all eventually come together with the brotherhood in the ring one night. They'll introduce Prince Justice, Abyss will come out and lose the mask and he'll cut a promo. It'll be wrestlecrap at its finest, but at least all of it will finally make some sort of sense.

I dunno if "charismatic" is the word exactly. Prince Justice pretty much cut his promos exactly like Sid. Same mix of screaming and whispering which made you turn the volume up and down like a yo-yo. Of course, he was also a hundred pounds heavier and had never landed on a thumbtack in his life, so it was like a completely different guy anyway.

Anyone else think that Russo has pretty much killed Abyss's career? Before Russo took over in late 2006, he was one of my favorites in TNA, then Russo had to pick somebody on the roster to fuck up, and it had to be him. He was put in that terrible feud with Sting that was just silly and made no sense. Especially that "go to heaven match" or whatever. Then they blatently rip off Kane by revealing that James Mitchel was his dad, then Mitchel got released, and Abyss wasn't seen for months. Ever since Russo started booking the guy hasn't been the same.

Anyone else think that Russo has pretty much killed Abyss's career? Before Russo took over in late 2006, he was one of my favorites in TNA, then Russo had to pick somebody on the roster to fuck up, and it had to be him. He was put in that terrible feud with Sting that was just silly and made no sense. Especially that "go to heaven match" or whatever. Then they blatently rip off Kane by revealing that James Mitchel was his dad, then Mitchel got released, and Abyss wasn't seen for months. Ever since Russo started booking the guy hasn't been the same.

While I don't think the Sting/Abyss feud was anything that hurt him (in fact I thought it helped him more than hurt) it was the follow up since his feud with Mesias that has really suffered. Hell, even giving him some character with the Mitchell stuff was alright in theory, maybe not so much in execution though. But I don't think that "hurt" him really.

While I don't think the Sting/Abyss feud was anything that hurt him (in fact I thought it helped him more than hurt) it was the follow up since his feud with Mesias that has really suffered. Hell, even giving him some character with the Mitchell stuff was alright in theory, maybe not so much in execution though. But I don't think that "hurt" him really.

For the most part, I've enjoyed what Russo has done with Abyss character. Sure, Russo ripped himself off by replacing Kane/Undertaker/Bearer with Abyss/Sting/Mitchell, of that I won't argue. But it at least added some depth/layers to Abyss, who was a one dimentional cartoon character before Russo came in.