TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Is this move legit?

I was crafting a fan-fict where Steve Austin was facing Dean Malenko, and Malenko had Austin in the Texas Cloverleaf and I had Austin countering it by getting a hold of Malenko's ankle, shoving it forcing Malenko to break the hold (not sure if that would work in an actual fight though, getting a hold broken simply by pushing one foot a little off balance) and winding up rolling Malenko up in a small package to win the match.

So, how legit would that counter be? I don't think I've seen any variations of that move (Sharp Shooter, Walls of Jericho, etc) countered that way, so I don't know if it is even possible in the scripted world of pro-wrestling.

Talkin' to some joe, hangin' out shootin' shit.

Tries to tell me somethin', I play it off legit.

You wanna hear about the scorpion death lock?

I play it off legit.

I doubt it would work unless the guy in the half is significantly larger and stronger than the guy applying the move. Being hung upside down and folder in half like that, you've got pretty much zero leverage to push with your hands like that.

Being an E-fed nerd, I'd go with the ankle break rolling over into a jack-knife pin since you can have Austin go for the Owen countering the Sharpshooter ankle lock, rolling Dean to his back after losing his balance. It's a more fluid motion. It can be written that the victim of the Clover Leaf gets an opening when the attacker steps to regain footing or reposition the victim.

You'd have to somehow manage to push his foot while simultaneously twisting & rolling your upper body towards said foot to try to shift the weight such that you could twist through, slipping your legs out of his grip in the process and Malenko would end up on his back.