TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

WWE SmackDown - September 5, 2008

I said it last week and I'll say it again: Why doesn't Vickie simply fire UT again? The guy is out there basically threatening to kill her. I smell a swerve of some sort, maybe she makes amends with Big Show and hires him as a henchman in exchange for a title shot.

Well Cabbageboy, let me ask you a question. Has Vicki ever fired the Undertaker, ever?

Something is going to happen Sunday. 1 might be Edge returns to defend Vickie from Taker. Maybe he brings in a big guy from "HADES" to beat up Taker sorta like what Paul Bearer did.

Scroby, what do you mean? In storyline Vickie booked UT into the TLC match with Edge with the stip that if he lost he was fired. She threatened to fire Big Show or suspend him last night, so why not fire Taker?

I'm not quite sure what to think of R-Truth so far. I want to like the guy, but his happy rapper gimmick is completely at odds with the serious minded vignettes about being from the hood.

Scroby, what do you mean? In storyline Vickie booked UT into the TLC match with Edge with the stip that if he lost he was fired. She threatened to fire Big Show or suspend him last night, so why not fire Taker?

Well think about it, was she just able to up and fire him last time or did she fire him because Undertaker put her career on the line at ONS?

You know, you may just never get it so to save time, she can't fire him.

That opening segment was fucked up.....felt like HHH was shooting, which is never a good thing. Instead of laughing at your heel opposition at the ppv, maybe try to put them over a bit? What a radical concept.

I am liking Truth's stuff so far, I like that they let Truth keep his music (since he owns it himself, anyway)....I would imagine Chavo might put over the guy next. It's still up in the air if people are really going to take to Killings as much as TNA, but I gotta say they are giving him a fair chance to get over with what got him over in TNA in the first place.

Yeah, at the ppv, the way they are building the Taker/Vicki stuff to Unforgiven, seems to suggest either Taker will lay out Vicki, or else Edge returns, or a new guy runs in to start a program with Taker, I'm guessing the first choice.

Holy shit though, Maryse cut one of the worst promos ever by a woman in the company on this show, which is saying alot. Something about Maria not being able to fit in her clothes(?)

Benjamin/MVP was interesting, given what was reported earlier in the week on the dynamic with those two backstage right now, not too bad at all. Kendrick/Hardy was also solid, HHH/Khali.....eh....not so much, but it served its' purpose.

First Smackdown I've watched from start to finish without fast forwarding much on the DVR, so I guess it kept me watching. Thought it did a pretty good job at building up the ppv on Sunday.

How long was Umaga supposed to be out? I could see him joining sides with Vicki to combat 'Taker as they planned earlier.

I think he was supposed to be out 4-6 weeks as of mid-August, so it's possible he shows up.

There's also still a chance that leaked news about Taker getting a title shot at the winner of the SD scramble match still happens. They could easily do a segment on the ppv where Taker confronts her and she offers Taker a title shot later in the night, and given there is only 5 matches on the card (one being a women's match which wont go more than 5 minutes) I'm thinking that might happen on the show, still. And Taker probably still lays her out after being given a title shot.

How long was Umaga supposed to be out? I could see him joining sides with Vicki to combat 'Taker as they planned earlier.

I think he was supposed to be out 4-6 weeks as of mid-August, so it's possible he shows up.

There's also still a chance that leaked news about Taker getting a title shot at the winner of the SD scramble match still happens. They could easily do a segment on the ppv where Taker confronts her and she offers Taker a title shot later in the night, and given there is only 5 matches on the card (one being a women's match which wont go more than 5 minutes) I'm thinking that might happen on the show, still. And Taker probably still lays her out after being given a title shot.

There are six matches on the card including the women's match. Three scrambles, HBK/Jericho, Cryme Tyme/Priceless, Maryse/Michelle.

There are six matches on the card including the women's match. Three scrambles, HBK/Jericho, Cryme Tyme/Priceless, Maryse/Michelle.

Ahh, forgot about the tag title match, my bad. They still will probably do a Taker/Vicki angle though, and a surprise Taker title shot announced immediately after whomever wins the scramble match for SD (my guess is Kendrick or MVP).

If that is the case, 'Taker shouldn't win. A unannounced title match involving a top name on PPV wouldn't be wise even if you want to believe it rewards the fan for ordering the PPV. Doing the angle is fine but just have MVP get away with the title (as he probably would do if he wins the scramble in the first place). This would set up a series of things for SD.