TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Amy Winehouse/Lily Allen/Kate Nash

There's a few band related things I'd get tattoos of.

I'd get a portrait of Christina Aguilera

Possibly the Mayhem logo, or an image of Dead

Things from these : the Mentors, Iggy Pop, Dee Dee Ramone, Throbbing Gristle

The Prince symbol

Starland Vocal Band ("They suck!")

Not that I will get all of those, but I think I'd be ok with them.

Fuck a Misfits tattoo, though. I mean, it's just been run into the ground. Friend of mine has the Black Flag bars, and he's apologetic about when you see it, he's like "Now I know what you're thinking, but look, I just really like Black Flag that much." And I told him "Dude, don't apologize. At least it's not a Misfits tattoo."

Another guy I know has, I shit you not, the Breaking Benjamin logo. He is obviously not my friend.

i have no idea what the hipster consensus on amy winehouse is, but fuck i really like "rehab." those drums sound amazing. if this makes more people want to rip off motown, the world will be a better place.

i have no idea what the hipster consensus on amy winehouse is, but fuck i really like "rehab." those drums sound amazing. if this makes more people want to rip off motown, the world will be a better place.

I really like it too, and her follow up single "You Know I'm no good" was really good too.

I can't fucking stand her. I find her to be annoying and grating.

And yeah, Milky, most people with Misfits tattoo's...yeah. I don't get it either. Most people just want it for "cred," it seems, and not because they actually like the band, or that it means anything to 'em. To me, it symbolizes an entire point in my life, that being ages 14-now, since The Misfits have been my favorite band since then.

Yeah, put me in the indifferent camp with Winehouse as well. Not bad (certainly better than Joss frikking Stone) but no great shakes. But like gtd said, if it means a comeback of Motown style music, I'm all for it.

Went to Hippiefest last night. The Zombies and The Turtles still have it. Mountain does not (I mean seriously they messed up "Mississippi Queen", that's their one hit!). Everybody else ranged from meh (Felix Cavilare of The Rascals and Country Joe) to pretty good (Joey Molland, former co-lead singer and rhythm guitarist of Badfinger and Mitch Ryder).

RE: Amy Winehouse:

I liked the two songs she released, but her album was pretty bad overall. Although, as someone stated, she is better than Lily Allen (who I really don't get) and is better than Joss Stone's recent stuff (I like her old work - and she is really fit).

But should I be really embarased that I really like Kate Nash?

I can't place my finger on why I like it so much. Esspecially when I'm listening to it I'm always thinking, "this is shite, why do I like this?" Her voice is annoying when she's "singing" but she's properly singing it's actually really nice, which is why I might like it.

Plus, I want to put it in her bum.