TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Weekend Box Office Report

Not looking forward to Quantum of Solace? That's really the only "must see" movie left that I can think of. Saw V will be a guilty pleasure.

Disturbia made about 80 million last year, so Shia was in fact starting to draw before Transformers and Indy 4. That movie came out at a good time as well, in that dead zone in April before all the summer movies hit theaters.

Crap, I actually totally forgot about Solace. I have loved the previews and the first one actually grew on me with each viewing. I don't remember the ending of it at all though so I'll probably have to watch it again. Something about that movie made it amazingly wonderful but utterly forgettable at the same time. Plus that's not until November and that's a whole new list of films. Well counting Solace: Transporter 3, The Wrestler and The Spirit. Punisher lost me with the lead change and the rating (plus the preview didn't excite me), The Day the Earth stood still might have potential and Yes Man looks like Liar Liar meets Ella Enchanted so I don't know. That fills the year of 2008 in movies for me.