TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Appreciation

I've been watching Monday Night Nitro again lately, and I was never really a fan of Lex Luger when I was younger. However, 2nd time round watching Nitro, I have to say I appreciate his role a lot more. I still don't see him as a Main Eventer, but his role within WCW worked well from the start till around 97ish when the NWO just became confusing.

Is there anyone out there that you guys didn't like originally, but on second viewing you changed your mind?

EDIT: Just seen the Lex Luger thread futher down the forum, so if this needs to be deleted that's cool. Infact, with the failed spelling in the title as well... please delete this topic :ph34r:

While I never, ever believed that he should have been anywhere near the main event in both WWF and WCW, I am much more appreciative of Jeff Jarrett's work now than I was at the time. He really had a good run as IC Champion back in 1995.

Taz was awesome; I wish he would've been able to work with guys like Eddie and Benoit around 96-98 eras in WCW. His matches with Bigelow are criminally underrated, as is his work with Sabu and Shane Douglas. I think being in that ECW environment was a bit of a gift and curse when it came to Taz. You was able to appreciate him for not using weapons and shit, like the rest of the guys in the company, but when he became the top guy, he had basically start doing the arena brawls and table spots like everybody else. That's basically what everybody (but Taz and Bam Bam) thought they had to do, to have good matches.

So I guess that's who I appreciate.

haha actually, yeah, now you mention it, at the time I didn't think anything of Larry Z, but now, watching back, he's a pretty cool tweener commentator. Before the NWO came about he'd side with the heels, but when the NWO arrived he stuck by WCW, but would still root for the heels in 'neutral' matches.

I am watching a bunch of old WCW Nitros and it is crazy how awesome Scott Steiner could be as the insane guy who doesn't give a crap about anything. I really missed the boat on him at the time because I was still a face. Three Count, too, although I liked Helms when he became SUGA SHANE

I couldn't stand Jericho during his first WWE run. I don't know what it was, but I detested the guy. I kind of like him now, and enjoy his work moreso than before.

Rick Martel. Odd because he's one of those guys that you'd kind of expect to be a good worker, but I completely slept on his work. I've been watching a few of his matches lately and I've really been feeling them.