Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Cyber Sunday - October 26 2008

WWE Championship Match

Triple H © vs. Fans Chose Opponent

Jeff Hardy

Vladimir Kozlov

Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Vladimir Kozlov

Predicition: Triple Threat, and HHH retains pedigreeing Hardy.

Intercontinental Championship Match

Santino Marella © vs. A WWE Legend

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Goldust

Honky Tonk Man

Prediction: Santino over Goldust

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Chris Jericho © vs. Batista

Randy Orton

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Shawn Michaels

Prediction: Austin as ref, Jericho retains. Dave Luger chokes yet again in a title match.

Undertaker vs. Big Show

Knockout Match

I Quit Match

Last Man Standing Match

Prediction: LMS match, Taker wins.

Rey Mysterio vs. Kane

The fans will be able to vote for the stipulation of the match. Here are the choices:

Falls Count Anywhere Match

No Holds Barred Match

Best 2-out-of-3 Falls Match

Prediction: No Holds Barred, Mysterio wins.

Divas Halloween Costume Contest

The fans will be able to log on to the official WWE website during the PPV to determine the winner.

Prediction: Maria.

ECW Championship match

Matt Hardy © vs. Fans Choose Opponent

Mark Henry

Evan Bourne

Finlay

Prediction: Hardy vs. Bourne, Hardy retains, this is your match of the night.

Pick The Tag Team Match

World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. CM Punk & Kofi Kingston

John Morrison & The Miz vs. Cryme Tyme

Jamie Noble & Mickie James vs. William Regal & Layla

Prediction: CM Punk/Kingston vs. Priceless. Priceless def. Punk/Kingston

WWE United States Championship Match (Preview Match)

Shelton Benjamin vs. Fans Chose Opponent

Fans can vote for the following opponents on the official WWE website:

R-Truth

MVP

Festus

Prediction: Shelton over Festus. Festus heel turn after match.

There seems to be some debate on that. Bryan Alvarez always says "Tonky", but I've been hearing it as Donkey since week 1 of the Honk-A-Meter. I've seen crowd signs that agree with the "Donkey" train of thought. Alvarez also had what seemed like a 10 minute argument with Vinny over whether or not his notes were wrong or they called Jack Swagger "Jake" in his first ECW appearance, plus he always says "Night of THE Champions", so I take both of those into account when calling him wrong.

There seems to be some debate on that. Bryan Alvarez always says "Tonky", but I've been hearing it as Donkey since week 1 of the Honk-A-Meter. I've seen crowd signs that agree with the "Donkey" train of thought. Alvarez also had what seemed like a 10 minute argument with Vinny over whether or not his notes were wrong or they called Jack Swagger "Jake" in his first ECW appearance, plus he always says "Night of THE Champions", so I take both of those into account when calling him wrong.

For a guy that charges $10/mo (or one can argue he charges $5 while Meltz charges $5), Alvarez really doesn't seem to know shit about anything. Luckily, he's pretty entertaining and I need audio to listen to at work.

As for the difference of a KO match or a LMS match, you're going to have to e-mail Meltzer about that one.

Am I missing something specific? LMS match is a last man standing match, while a KO match is the first person to knock out your opponent wins. I realise they're essentially the same, as if you're knocked out you'd not be able to answer the ten count, but the one major difference is the lack of a count.

For a guy that charges $10/mo (or one can argue he charges $5 while Meltz charges $5), Alvarez really doesn't seem to know shit about anything.

The 'argument' in question was a light hearted debate at best and nothing serious. I wouldn't judge Alvarez over that one instance.

As for Cyber Sunday:

WWE Championship Match

Jeff Hardy

Vladimir Kozlov

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Goldust

Honky Tonk Man

Prediction: Piper over Santino

Pick the special referee:

Randy Orton

Shawn Michaels

Prediction: I know they sort of want Austin, but I think Shawn gets the nod. I don't see a title change, so Jericho retains somehow.

Undertaker vs. Big Show

Knockout Match

I Quit Match

Last Man Standing Match

Prediction: LMS match, Show wins via screwjob to keep the feud going

Rey Mysterio vs. Kane

The fans will be able to vote for the stipulation of the match. Here are the choices:

No Holds Barred Match

Prediction: Falls Count Anywhere, and Mysterio wins after some crazy move.

The fans will be able to log on to the official WWE website during the PPV to determine the winner.

Prediction: Toilet break.

ECW Championship match

Mark Henry

Evan Bourne

Finlay

Prediction: I think it'll wind up with Henry getting voted in and winning the title so as to give the impression voting can lead to something newsworthy happening.

Pick The Tag Team Match

Prediction: Punk and Kingston vs. Priceless with Priceless going over.

R-Truth

MVP

Festus

Prediction: R-Truth gets voted in and wins the title. How can anyone think Festus would get voted in, loses, and then turns heel?

I am fairly certain that an LMS Match means that they have to answer a ten count and that the match can be decided anywhere in the building, while a KO Match, in my line of thinking, means that the other person just has to be knocked out and deemed unable to continue the contest by referee decision, not via any count. So, in essence, certain submissions could be considered able to win the match (such as the sleeper) or any such move that can get the Triple Hand Raise to work, although with the way the storyline is building I'd assume it would mean that the person winning would win using some sort of punch or kick rather than a hold.

But who am I kidding, it's going to be an LMS or I Quit match. Fans saw Taker knocked out, so they wouldn't vote to book him in a match he could potentially lose.

For a guy that charges $10/mo (or one can argue he charges $5 while Meltz charges $5), Alvarez really doesn't seem to know shit about anything.

The 'argument' in question was a light hearted debate at best and nothing serious. I wouldn't judge Alvarez over that one instance.

I understand that, but it seems he has no answers for a handful of his mailbag questions and continuously has no clue when the next TNA ppv is (for example). I'm sure he's just playing dumb on a lot of it, but it's a minor annoyance.

I understand that, but it seems he has no answers for a handful of his mailbag questions and continuously has no clue when the next TNA ppv is (for example). I'm sure he's just playing dumb on a lot of it, but it's a minor annoyance.

I'm not sure what mailbag shows you're listening to, but he answers almost all of them. As for not knowing when the next TNA PPV is, there have been instances when some of the bigger TNA fans on the board haven't known a PPV is happening, and at one point a PPV thread wasn't started until an hour into the show, such was the lack of awareness that the PPV was taking place.

I listen to every B&V show, I love those guys, but even I admit that there's plenty of times that Bryan doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I don't fault him for it since he watches so much different shit all the time, but I'm not about to make any more excuses for him other than that fact. There's something at least once a show that I question him about, and more times than not I'm right for questioning him.

None of this matters anyway, so whatever.

Tag and IC have a habit of changing.. I can see the Tag belts switching tonight if Punk and Kofi's match gets voted in. Santino should keep the belt tonight.

I can see the IC title changing hands because it doesn't mean anything and they can always switch it back tomorrow night. I think the IC and US titles are the ones most likely to change hands.

If they were just going to have Santino lose the title and the streak, they should've done it the very first match he had when it started. They've gone too far with it now, so they have to let it continue for at least a little while longer.

I don't know about that HTQ.. I can see the Honk-O-Meter getting up in the high 30's.. this has too much life left in it.

I'd like to see it get one week shy of beating the record and The Ultimate Haas run out and squash Santino in 30 seconds. But they don't have the patience for it to run that long. In any event, they can always go back to the Honk-O-Meter.

Santino's keeping the belt. I'm actually very confident in that happening.

I would agree. As prominently as he's been featured on RAW along with Beth Phoenix, I think they intend to keep him in that role for a while.

WWE is really pushing for Stone Cold. HBK says that if he is picked as the special guest referee, he will screw Jericho, yet weeks later Jericho says the worst option the fans could vote for is Stone Cold Steve Austin.

:huh:

I really hope the fans vote for HBK, but that wont happen. Although it is possible for Austin to lose - he did lose the RAW's Greatest Superstar poll last year.

The Undertaker (29.2%) :headbang:

John Cena (15.4%)

The Rock (11.8%)

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (10.2%)

As for Cyber Sunday:

WWE Championship Match

Jeff Hardy

Vladimir Kozlov

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Goldust

Honky Tonk Man

Prediction: Piper over Santino

Pick the special referee:

Randy Orton

Shawn Michaels

Prediction: I know they sort of want Austin, but I think Shawn gets the nod. I don't see a title change, so Jericho retains somehow.

Undertaker vs. Big Show

Knockout Match

I Quit Match

Last Man Standing Match

Prediction: LMS match, Show wins via screwjob to keep the feud going

Rey Mysterio vs. Kane

No Holds Barred Match

Prediction: Falls Count Anywhere, and Mysterio wins after some crazy move.

Prediction: Toilet break.

ECW Championship match

Mark Henry

Evan Bourne

Finlay

Prediction: I think it'll wind up with Henry getting voted in and winning the title so as to give the impression voting can lead to something newsworthy happening.

Pick The Tag Team Match

Prediction: Punk and Kingston vs. Priceless with Priceless going over.

R-Truth

MVP

Festus

Prediction: R-Truth gets voted in and wins the title. How can anyone think Festus would get voted in, loses, and then turns heel?

I read somewhere that they wanted to turn Festus heel and the way he's been acting around Maria lately, looks like he could turn into some sort of stalker type character?

I just don't see them giving away a big win for R-Truth, for free.

I don't see what will be so exciting if Steve Austin shows up to ref at this point. He'll just do his usual routine, pick up his paycheck, and leave.

I don't see what will be so exciting if Steve Austin shows up to ref at this point. He'll just do his usual routine, pick up his paycheck, and leave.

And dont forget...he'll stun somebody...and drink beer.

Hopefully one day he'll return on RAW or on PPV and just get the shit beat out of him.

And dont forget...he'll stun somebody...and drink beer.

Hopefully one day he'll return on RAW or on PPV and just get the shit beat out of him.

Well, yeah, that would be his usual routine...flipping the bird, stunning people, beer baths, yadda yadda. Can't wait for the "WHAT?" chants either.

Yeah, I would mark out if some heels just kicked the crap out of him someday.