TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Guitar Hero World Tour

Are the Guitar Hero World Tour periphrials compatible with Rock Band 2 as well, including the drums? I wouldn't mind owning both games, but not if I have to buy two sets of instruments.

Can someone tell me the main key differences between GH:WT and the Rock Band series?

Guitar parts are generally more difficult on GH WT, but the song lineup is much more diverse on Rock Band (if you include DLC), and Rock Band lets you carry over all of your DLC tracks to its sequel (while all Guitar Hero games are pretty much stand-alone titles).

I had the PS2 band bundle for 2 weeks. Out of the box, one of the cymbals was under-sensitive, and so was the guitar's strum bar. The game itself was ugly, and clunky, and sloppy. So I took it back to the store this morning, and surprisingly enough, they gave me a refund.

I was using the drums to start, and when I noticed one of the cymbals was off, I made an RMA request for a MIDI kit, to fix it. That was on February 14th. Only today did I get an e-mail saying they'd actually shipped the thing. (According to tracking, it was sent out on the 25th.) Good thing I didn't decide to go for a guitar replacement.

The game is expected to be released in North America on the PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 on March 29, 2009; a European release should follow on May 5.
- Guitar Hero: Metallica's Wiki

:(