TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

I know it says "Legends of WrestleMania"

But like I said, let's wait to see the roster.

And I was just giving a WWE excuse why. Not saying I agree with it, just giving one.

From Rajah via WON:

As noted earlier, WWE has plans to release WWE Legends of WrestleMania, a video game based on legends and alumni who have appeared at WrestleMania in the 1980s and 1990s. It will be released in March 2009 to coincide with WrestleMania XXV.

An updated list of characters for the upcoming Legends of Wrestlemania has been released -- 35 in all. The list of characters are as follows: Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Rock, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Undertaker, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ultimate Warrior, "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, Mr. Perfect, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Yokozuna, Haku, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Jim Ross, Sgt. Slaughter, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Honky Tonk Man, Earthquake, Iron Sheik, Legion of Doom, "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart, Gorilla Monsoon, Mr. Fuji, Tito Santana, Joey Marella (as referee), Virgil and Howard Finkel.

Perhaps the biggest omission from the video is that of "Macho Man" Randy Savage, who competed at eight WrestleMania events in all and left the pay-per-view spectacular with the WWF Championship belt on two occasions. Another huge name that won't be featured in the game is Mick Foley, whose WWE contract expiration coincided with the deadline for characters to be featured in the video game.

It was reported back in September that Vince McMahon made the decision to pull Foley from the video game as a result of their personal fallout. He also made the decision to ban Randy Savage from the video game for reasons unknown.

The October 2008 issue of Power Slam had a note on the two legends' video game omissions in their "This Month In McMahon" column, which details the wacky behind-the-scenes exploits of the McMahons -- more specifically, Vince McMahon's unpredictable behavior. They wrote:

September 3: Mick Foley and his agent announce that Foley has signed with TNA. The rumour backstage is that Triple H's condescending treatment of Foley -- arising, allegedly, from Levesque's insecurity over the instrumental role their 1999-2000 matches played in making him a headliner -- is partly to blame for Foley's decision to leave.

In retaliation, Vince pulls Foley from the upcoming Legends of WrestleMania videogame and, furthermore, orders Randy Savage banned from the game as well -- rekindling decade-old rumours about some too-unpleasant-to-be-named scandal involving the McMahons and Savage in the 1990s.

I read that roster in WON but since Meltzer only gets video game news from already printed sources, I was trying to figure out where it came from.

That story also contains one of my biggest issues with news sites that just get their news from other sites: They took a TWO SENTENCE blurb from this week's WON and turned it into a multi-paragraph story and credited the whole thing as a WON story, though this particular story isn't that bad and acknowledges the bottom of the story was previously reported.

That's a list of characters, not active wrestlers, though. So when they say guys like Ross & Lawler, do they mean in commentary roles or active participants, or both?

.....I see Gorilla Monsoon on there. And Bobby Heenan.

It's too good to be true, and one of them's dead, but fuck if I wouldn't buy this game to have Monsoon & Heenan on commentary someway, somehow.

Did Heenan ever get his voice back? I heard that once his jawbone reconstruction was done he'd have it back, or closer to what he used to be than what he was pre-reconstruction, but I haven't heard anything in months.

I know people are going to be pissed that Haku is a waste of a roster spot. I am glad that they Put in Joey Marella as the ref. For those who dont know, Joey was Gorilla Monsoons son and a WWF ref in the late 80's/early 90's. He died in a car accident in 1994. I hope that Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler aren't apart of the main 40 roster of wrestlers.

All they need is to use archived recordings of "WILL YOU STOP / BE SERIOUS!" and we're set.

I'd like to hear, at least once in video game form, Bobby Heenan refer to himself as a 'broadcast journalist'.

I wanted Demolition as well.. though I am pleased with Haku's inclusion. He was never a headliner but I've got a soft spot for him as the enforcer of the Heenan Family as well as his tag team run with Andre. I wonder if this is it for the roster or is there more coming? I hope Bam Bam Bigelow get's in!

I'm disappointed to see a few more tag teams aren't in. Demolition in particular would have been cool.

I hope Rick Martel makes it in so we can have a Strike Force tag team. I also hope all the guys in the game have multiple attires or they are at least younger versions of themselves( I want Flair with his ridiculous blonde fro)

I'm disappointed to see a few more tag teams aren't in. Demolition in particular would have been cool.

I hope Rick Martel makes it in so we can have a Strike Force tag team. I also hope all the guys in the game have multiple attires or they are at least younger versions of themselves( I want Flair with his ridiculous blonde fro)

I just remembered that Haku and Andre were tag team champs as teh Collosal Connection so that is another tag team. Demolition has got to be in the game but who knows. I hope they include Savages moves. He is pretty easy to make.

That's a list of characters, not active wrestlers, though. So when they say guys like Ross & Lawler, do they mean in commentary roles or active participants, or both?

.....I see Gorilla Monsoon on there. And Bobby Heenan.

It's too good to be true, and one of them's dead, but fuck if I wouldn't buy this game to have Monsoon & Heenan on commentary someway, somehow.

And according to Wikipedia, Heenan is dying slowly:

In December 2007, Heenan had reconstructive surgery on his jaw, after the first surgery was unsuccessful. Heenan was placed in a medically induced coma and was slowly brought out.[18] In the second half of January 2008, Heenan had come out of his medically induced coma. Though not yet able to speak he was communicating with his eyes. He has more surgeries to come, but they are plastic surgeries to reconstruct facial features. The reconstructing of his jaw is complete. In October 2008 it was reported that Heenan is now able to speak a few sentences before he gets tired.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007_/arti.../1198760312.php

Controls aside, I don't think it's fair for the previewer to be ripping on things like which era belt Hogan or Rock had.. clearly it's a Legends game and there're probably going to be all of the different versions to choose from.

I'll still give it a go when it's released.

Now he looks like 70s Hogan.

I like that commercial a lot. It's got a real old school vibe to it. Is that supposed to be HBK from around 92?

I think it's suppossed to be from somewhere between early to Mid 94 and mid 97, because he has the "broken heart" style tights and not the "cow print" style tights.