TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

What would you do with 100 Grand?

I'm pretty sure Acclaim (well, whoever bought them out) owns the rights to the NBA Jam franchise after Tournament Edition. That's why Midway re-named their NBA games to what eventually became NBA Ballers.

I'm betting the MK series ends up being bought out by either EA or Activision.

It's being speculated that he wants to buy it just to liquidate it. In which case, if he sells it off piece by piece, there's gotta be some franchise (or IP, should i say) we can all pitch in and pick up. Marble Madness? Primal Rage? Or maybe...just maybe...dare I say...REVOLUTION X?

No sir. What we need is..

Foto%20NBA%20Jam.jpg

I've been crossing my fingers for this on XBL Arcade forever. RBI Baseball, if it's ever actually released, is a pretty nice consolation prize.

Troubled publisher Midway is thought to have put the rights to the Mortal Kombat series up for sale in a last-ditch effort to save the company.

The sale is part of a three-part plan to keep afloat in the face of bankruptcy, studio closures and cancelled games. "Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Blog" netDockets reports that agreeing a sale is part of an incentivised scheme which would involve senior management staff receiving large bonuses. Step one was the off-loading of Vin Diesel vehicle The Wheelman, while steps two and three involve agreeing and closing the Mortal Kombat deal.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/midway-h...l-kombat-rights

Midway have been going bust forever, yet when I mentioned it to my mate who started with them back in November as a game tester for Wheelman, he had no idea what I was talking about.

Its strange that they've decided to sell Wheelman off already, and it hasn't even been released. Talking to the same mate about it, I said it would have been better if they had franchised it out as a Transporter game, or get Jason Statham to be the 'name' attached.

I know it's bad for me to get some joy out of others' misfortunes.. but I really hope that Capcom (or SNK to a lesser extent) picks up the rights to the MK franchise. Fuck, that VS game would be all kinds of fun if they used the SF4 engine. :)

I could really see Capcom picking MK up just because a Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat or a Capcom vs Mortal Kombat vs Marvel would sell FUCKING HUGE!