TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Final Resolution 2008 thread

I hope Bubba pins Steiner to make AJ the champ, just for the hell of it.

Seriously though, I hope the Dudleys turn on Frontline just to make them look that much more like a bunch of fools. :lol:

Joe's gotta stop being a bitch and turn on AJ. Just so we can have a series of Joe/AJ matches.

It doesn't even make sense...I win the match, and you become champion?

What the hell? I'd be pissed.

It seems the idea for this match is more along the lines of, I'll help you since it's good for me in the long run. I can see Joe getting the pin and then turning on AJ after a short time.

AL SNOW!!!

Al Snow has never nor will he ever warrant this kind of response. Especially in 2008.

Lief Cassidy, on the other hand...

For me it does, since I've been an Al Snow mark for a number of years, since his first run in WWE.I will always mark out for him, especially since he can go in the ring better than most guys around today.

Relax, I just wanted to namedrop Lief Cassidy.

Question: Was that a Frontline (the group, not the aforementioned flea control) shirt Joe and AJ were sporting backstage?

It's all good.

Actually it's a TNA Cross the Line T-Shirt: Here it is.

Classic West line of the night: "3D, 3D, by Team 3D!!"

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Does AJ get angry at Joe for losing the match?

Hopefully and I hope it leads to a much needed Joe heel turn.

Welp, those were certainly some wrestling matches. Oddly enough, for a show called Final Resolution, it just set up the next episode of Impact.

True. The main event was pretty throwaway in my opinion. At least we all got head.

That wasn't a horrible PPV at all. I thought it had it's ups and downs, with more ups. I would have liked AJ to get the title, but I'll wait to see where this goes from here. The Feast or Fired match was a pretty good match, and I like that they opened at least one case today, instead of waiting 2 weeks to get to them like last year. The Tag Title match was fun, and the X-Division match was pretty good as well. I would have liked the title to stay on EY though, but I'll wait for that story to play out as well. The Knockouts matches weren't bad either, and the Title match did a pretty good job of starting to make Christy look like a formitable opponent to Kong. Good show to set up some more storylines, which the "throw away" shows are supposed to do.

Just read on tnawrestling.com that they're starting a eight-man tournament to crown a new X-Division champion. First round matches are Eric Young vs. Abdul Bashir, Jay Lethal vs. Alex Shelley, Consequences Creed vs. Akira Raijin and Chris Sabin vs. Sonjay Dutt.

I didn't see this show so it may have been better than it sounds from the results, but wow from reading about it the shows sounds like crap. I thought Angle promised a former world champion...so where does Al Snow fit into this? I don't recall anything other than the hardcore title he ever held. Did he win the tag titles with Foley at some point? And if so, that to me isn't being a world champion since "world champion" to me means singles titles.

What is with Eric Young being the catalyst for doing these tournaments for belts anyway? I didn't really want him to win the X title but nearly anything is better than it being on Bashir for another day.

Snow/Mankind held them for a week in November 1999. It's TNA, what do you expect?

Young should have won the title tonight. Now he'll probably win the tourney.

I remember when Okerlund promised to reveal the identity the two former World Champions who were headed to WCW during one of his 900 hotline plugs. Turned out that he was referring to the Quebecers.

TNA has called tag champs World Champs forever so it should have seemed an obvious possibility going in. Angle himself refers to his X and Tag title runs as "World" Titles when he calls himself a X-time World Champion. Whether they ARE "World Titles" is certainly an argument that TNA/Angle would probably lose with most fans but they're pretty consistent with their interpretation. Team 3D reasserted this just over a week ago when they played up the fact that they fit the MEM because they two were former World Champions. TNA may be stupid or silly for calling them World Champs but its what they do as much as WWE does or doesn't consider the ECW title a "World Title".

The PPV seemed enjoyable enough to me but nothing terribly good or worth buying. The matches were mostly fun but not memorable except for the spotfest of ForF and the chickenshit behavior of Beer Money. And the show had a weird pacing to it. It felt like TNA said "We threw 75% of our roster into 2 matches and thus came up with a short card. So lets load up on the promos and backstage stuff to eat up time." The odd/good thing was that they basically turned to Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin to do it for them as it seemed like they were cutting a promo after every match. And with a variety of people like Borash, Young, Foley, and Cornette. So it was kind of weird and fun to see Shelley get that much mic time.

The show wasn't great and wasn't worth $30 IMO but it also didn't fall short. It was a bad card going in so if you bought it you knew going in what it would be like. The matches managed to be pretty entertaining and if you're a Shelley fan you got a ton of him through the night.

I don't know the point of this tournament and stripping but I too am glad to see the belt off Daivari. I have no idea where the tournament is going. It seems obvious Lethal/Creed vs MCMG is set, it would seem pointless to do a tournament just to put the belt back on Young or Bashir, and Dutt has no heat. So unless they plan to give it to a guy in his 3rd or 4th match in TNA it just seems odd. I'd actually be more interested if guys like Suicide and Doug Williams were involved making much of the tournament wildcards and making it feel like a new day for the X division. But I'm hoping it doesn't matter because Homicide finds the X title shot in his briefcase and takes the belt from the tournament winner. It seems like a great way to build up LAX as singles players to have Cide win the X title and then Hernandez go against Sting trying to go 2-for-2. He wouldn't win but a strong showing would immediately set him up to be a player. And Cide having the X title would give Hernandez a good reason to stay singles and maybe even take the Legends belt from Booker. I'd love to see the two of them as singles champs soon but still together. A tag team just climbing up the singles ladder instead of needing to feud or forget about each other.

Two big thumbs down.

Horrible PPV. Thank goodness it was 40 cent wing night at the old BDubs.

Best match: None. I would have voted for Angle vs. Rhino if Al Snow wasn't brought in to satisfy a 9 year old beef with fat ass over the hill stunt moneky Mick Foley. That will put butts in the seats. Honorable mention goes to the emo's sitting behind me arguing over who has the deepest cuts on their arms. I wish I were making this up. I also wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself. Anyways...

Worst match: The whole card sucked but if I had to pick one I think it would be the battle royal. What a stupid concept. Why would anyone grab a case if they can get fired? Maybe they want to get fired. That would make sense.

I don't get TNA. This whole MEM thing is just another excuse to put over the old and broken and keep the guys they should be pushing down. You just know old man Nash and his fragile little knees is whispering in the ears of Russo that AJ is too small to wear the title. Nash is too old to be taken seriously. The dude was at my gym this past summer and could barely incline bench 185lbs. He barely got it up for 6. He's become a huge pussy and putting him over anyone is a joke.

I find myself watching it for the sole purpsose of finding out how far I can roll my eyes into the back of my head. What kinds of buy rates does this shit get? Do you know? I can't imagine anyone actually paying to see this company. You know the show sucked when it only earns 8 pages over on Wrestlecrap. Those kids pile up 20+ talking about what anime cartoon they would like to fuck. Not a good sign for TNA when cartoon sex draws more attention that your show to the kiddies.

Anyways have a good and safe holiday's Dave!

Rob Beaubien

Admittedly, this made me laugh, but what's the point of publishing such vulgar and unconstructive PPV feedback?

I didn't take that wo review serious any longer once I got to the part about the incline press. Anyone who's spending more time watching how many reps someones getting on their lifts rather than working out in the gym is wasting their time and money by having a gym membership. It's not like the gym is the Kevin Nash safari. Oh look on the right, the once deadly Kevin Nash is pounding out six reps on the incline bench press.

Decent show, good to see Snow working again. Glad Sting didn't lose his title in a stupid six man. The last thing I'd want to see is him lose it like that after his two criminally short reigns the past two years.