TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hadley

Was wrestling popular at your school?

I don't remember discussing it much at all in elementary school or even junior high.

In Highschool (94-98) we had, nWo, DX, Austin, Rock, Attitude, and ECW. So yeah, it was pretty popular. I remember quite vividly that all it took was one person to mention it and then almost the entire class was involved in the conversation, whether it was casual fans, or people who were fanatics.

I remember in late '97 when DX first formed, I knew 2 dudes who were huge DX marks, even writing it on their backpacks. Keep in mind , this was the original DX, not the post WM 14 version that caught on with many a young fan. So of course people laughed, but being a big HBK mark at the time, I joined in the DX spirit as we formed an unofficial chapter of DX at the school.

My sis told me when she was in JH (97/98ish) the kids formed two factions of nWo and DX , which of course she didn't get what her friends were talking about.

I went to high school in 2002-2005, so... no, not really. There was the fanatic (me) and a few casual fans who would always ask me what happened on the PPV or Raw the night before. I was the idiot who did the Macho Man impersonation at graduation. I think one person got the reference.

I remember in late '97 when DX first formed, I knew 2 dudes who were huge DX marks, even writing it on their backpacks. Keep in mind , this was the original DX, not the post WM 14 version that caught on with many a young fan. So of course people laughed, but being a big HBK mark at the time, I joined in the DX spirit as we formed an unofficial chapter of DX at the school.

My sis told me when she was in JH (97/98ish) the kids formed two factions of nWo and DX , which of course she didn't get what her friends were talking about.

That reminds me, everyone would do the suck it crouch chop to oppossing fans at basketball games.

At my kids' elementary school NWO then Austin shirts were so rampant it resulted in a dress code change. The kids who didn't wear them for whatever reason, male or female, were the outcasts.