TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Intestine

Magic tricks

Tonight I met a magician and he did some tricks for me. Every trick he did was pretty cool but there are two that stand out.

#1 - He placed a deck of cards in my hand (I checked the deck to make sure it was legit) and I covered it with my other hand. He touched the top of my hand and told me it disappeared but I didn't buy it because I was holding on tight the whole time and never felt anything move. I removed my top hand and all that was there was a clear plastic container in the shape of a deck of cards.

Sorry if you can't understand this, I'm pretty drunk now.

Can anyone tell me how these tricks could have been done? Discuss and share your own encounters with magicians.

This is a fairly routine magic trick. The magician is gaining your trust by allowing you to check the deck before the trick. You take the deck in your hands, fan out the cards, flip through them a bit, maybe even shuffle them. You get to see and feel the deck to confirm that it is, indeed, a prototypical deck of cards. He then has you cover the deck with both hands so as to confirm your belief that there is no way that he can switch anything out with the deck, and the fact that you know it is an ordinary deck means that nothing can happen to it while it is in your grasp. The magician may use hand gestures or eye movements to get your sight away from the deck temporarily. What he is actually doing is biding time until the rohypnol he slipped into your drink kicks in, and you pass out. The magician then has all the time he needs to switch the deck of cards with a plastic box that has the same shape and weight. He positions you back the way you were, then wakes you from your sleep. You remove your top hand, and presto...a magic trick!

It's pretty pedestrian as far as magic tricks go.

#2 - I picked a card and signed it, it was the Jack of hearts. He went on to do all sorts of crazy shit with me putting the jack in the deck and pulling it out from on top etc. He showed me a card and asked but it was a 9 of spades, then I took it from him and when I looked at it it was my Jack of hearts. He did alot of shit like that with my card, making it seem like every card in the deck was my card, that I guess I could explain by him having real fast hands, but the deck into plastic is the one that really got me. Chris Angel shit.

#3 - This one he didn't do to me, but I watched him do with someone else. Similar to the deck of card trick, he had two balls one with "1" and one with "2" on it. The person held one in each hand, with his hands faced down. Then the magician did some hand waving, and told him to look, and the "1" and "2" balls had switched hands. The magician then took one of the balls in his hand and kept one in the persons hand. The person held the ball again with his hand faced down, some magic hand waving and presto, the guy now had both balls in his hand.

Fuckin cool. I wish I could learn how to do illusions like that.