TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

I have a problem

My mother's computer is infected with something called WinWeb Security, which is a trojan horse. It has done some weird things to the computer such as stop every program that I've tried to install on the computer to stop it and it has hijacked Firefox.

I'm thinking about formatting the hard drive but if you know anyway out of this, it would be great.

I've tried Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but it won't install because the damn thing stops it.

My mother's computer is infected with something called WinWeb Security, which is a trojan horse. It has done some weird things to the computer such as stop every program that I've tried to install on the computer to stop it and it has hijacked Firefox.

I'm thinking about formatting the hard drive but if you know anyway out of this, it would be great.

I've tried Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but it won't install because the damn thing stops it.

This sounds like XP Antispyware 2009 on crack.

So let's go with that. Do a search for XP Antispyware 2009, and look at the methods for treating it. There should be some similarities to the way both of these are treated. I would tell you myself the methods, but they are very very complex and I don't fully understand them. Anyway, you should also find some places to post where people can help you.

Warning: Because they are complex, you run a very real risk of fucking up your shit. If you are capable of backing anything up, do so, though be warned you may be backing up the Trojan.