TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

TNA Epix show announced

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1217/84/

Ongoing series to join “iMPACT!” and “Xplosion” as TNA’s leading broadcasts

TNA Wrestling is announcing the creation of a new one-hour television series, set to debut in early 2009.

epix.jpg

TNA Epix” will feature the most awe-inspiring and monumental moments, matches and superstars that shaped the face of TNA from its 2002 inception until today!

From the first TNA event in 2002 and the early Wednesday night Pay-Per-Views, to the Fox Sports Net era and the evolution of TNA on SpikeTV as well as the most recent wars inside the six-sided ring, the new program will include rare matches, archived footage, fresh historical commentary from the TNA superstars and so much more

“We are extremely excited about ‘Epix’ joining the TNA broadcasting universe,” said Kevin Sullivan, Director of TNA Television. “While ‘iMPACT!’ is undoubtedly the crown-jewel of our worldwide presence, ‘Epix’ will chronicle the amazing history of TNA and allow our fans to re-live some of their favorite moments.”

“Epix” will be produced by Bill Banks at TNA’s new state-of-the-art television headquarters in Nashville.

Check back to TNAwrestling.com in the coming weeks for more exclusive news on “TNA Epix”.

TNA Television currently produces over 350 hours of programming annually, including “iMPACT!”, Xplosion, International broadcasts, DVDs, SpikeTV specials, online videos and much more. In addition to “Epix”, TNA is already exploring additional broadcasting opportunities in 2009.

Hopefully I can actually watch it, unlike Xplosion.

On which channels do they even air Xplosion? I only get certain local channels on DirecTV, and the only ones I know of that show explosion are New York and Florida sports channels that I'd only get with the Sports Pack.

I hope I'm able to see this in syndication - I didn't get Xplosion, but a show of just archive footage from TNA could be quite good given their extensive archive of really good matches.

I could see Spike airing it late night on the weekends. They have UFC programming that's all old fights with present interviews and such; so I believe that they might think they could market TNA in the same regard by reflecting it's past to help new fans feel a more a part of the product or more brand aware.