TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theone

Is there any way to ignore list or block people on here?

I'll make an attempt to intelligently respond to Shooter, though I'm afraid I might end up on the receiving end of a zinger- I was given some shit when I was a newbie by then established posters and I can't imagine being the only "established" poster who went through this experience. I probably deserved it too. I was a dumb ass fourteen year old that boarded too hard. Slowly but surely, I learned the social mores of TSM and how to properly board hard and look at me now, I was voted one of the sixteen best posters on here by my e-peers.

Now, for whatever reason, a lot of new posters aren't very good. Personally, I find it best to ignore them unless they do something egregiously bad in which I case I have no qualms in making fun of it. The way I look at it, going out of your way to be nice to a terrible newb (or any poster that sucks) isn't going to help. It just encourages mediocre posting. If you make fun of 'em, it'll encourage them to do one of three things; 1. Learn from their mistakes and improve. 2. Leave the board altogether, or 3. Flip out at us in a hilarious fashion. It's win-win-win situation.

See the problem there Kamala is this whole "posting wrong" idea. The thought that there's a way to do things around here that goes above and beyond discussing a topic. There's rules, yeah, that's why you have sticky's at the top of a forum, if a guys not following a rule, show him the rule, if he continues not to follow the rules, ban him or call him names. But there's no established internet etiquette one must follow to post here. There's no reason we have to get on a guy for not using perfect grammar when we know exactly what he's saying. Everyone can like and dislike whoever they want, hell I give this guy more points than half the board for actually ignoring someone he doesn't like. Yet because he didn't see 14 people making fun of him for not using perfect english, he posted what he posted, and now you all reach the conclusion he's worthless.

This idea of bashing someone instantly because they didn't properly format a sentence or didn't put enough thought into a 2 second question to make it perfectly readable and even enjoyable for everyone is just idiotic. We all know what he's saying when he's saying it, most of us have been around long enough to decipher even hardcore retard. The first person to come in this thread should of either left or pm'd a mod to have him get rid of it. But instead we went into "let's judge this guy here and now" mode and instantly decided he doesn't fit into our mold, he's not one of us.

It doesn't get more creepy and isolated than that, and it happens with every new poster here. If you guys are done collecting posters and feel fine with the group you have here, close registration. If this is an open forum, which it currently is, don't be so unwelcoming. Fuck, just ignore new posters, going the extra step to pile-on them with usually little to no merit is just idiotic. I get an image of the "we don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly" guy from Southpark everytime I see one of these threads...

It's almost like the WCW backstage political bullshit...a bunch of extremely insecure grown-ass men afraid someone will come in and 'take their spot' or make them look bad

Jokes like this are generally not well received. Not the part where you're making fun of the regulars, but the WCW part. Keep that shit up top, yo.

It's almost like the WCW backstage political bullshit...a bunch of extremely insecure grown-ass men afraid someone will come in and 'take their spot' or make them look bad

Jokes like this are generally not well received. Not the part where you're making fun of the regulars, but the WCW part. Keep that shit up top, yo.

big_ugh.gif

Guest Czecherbear

I wish I had been here to close this thread. Instead, I was up in the NFL threadchat pissing everybody off to the point where some guy was like "WHUR'D YOU PLAY YER BALL, SON?" and so on. Tactical error in every possible way. Don't make new members feel unwelcome; everyone was new once, except Dave Dymond. Thanks!

EDIT: as for theone, I'm sorry you had to ignore someone, and I'd prefer that we didn't have that feature available (to bring you up to speed from an older feedback thread, staff members can't use the ignore feature, and we seem to get by), but what exactly happened that you need to not read his posts but know they're there? Please PM me if it's some sort of unacceptable behavior. If it's just arguing about wrestling, don't bother, nobody cares.