TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Peace out EGM

Funny Game Players (with Bill and references to locking people in The Box) was, yes. Ultra Game Players, not so much. And when I concede their 'betterness', I mean they were a more amusing read. I never subscribed to the magazine or anything though.

Game Players was the first magazine I made an effort to get every month. I was like... nine or ten when I first started reading it. The in-jokes were what kept me glued, I guess.

I believe it was GP that advised me Chun-Li had a shower scene in the SFII anime movie.

Yes! It had black bars and everything. I rented the movie from Shop N Save. Lo and behold... no titties. Not even black bars. I was saddened.

That issue had Killer Instinct and DKC 2 on the cover.

I kinda had a thing for Die Hard Gamefan. One of the last issues I can remember seeing had a pretty funny review of Marvel vs Capcom 2. The person who wrote the review spent 95% of the article bashing the game's soundtrack (which I will agree is a little....odd. "Move your body! Drive me crazy! YEA YEA YEA!"), and the other 5% singing it's praises as the finest fighter ever made.

I also enjoyed that publication, but got a bit annoyed when they'd run a negative review for Perfect Dark under the guise of "look at us, we have the balls to say this game sucks" then give a glowing review to Turok Rage Wars in the same issue.*

*Dramatization - may not have happened.