TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cd213

On Going IMPACT! Spoilers

You must not watch the shows, because there have been many times that the show has come off better than what was in the spoilers. And, I'm a huge Tomko mark, but he fucked up, not TNA. They were ready to give him a push and he decided that he wanted to go over to Japan instead. Joe, yes they could have done better with. AJ is a grand slam champion, and they put him over as one. He's over with the fans, and no matter what they do with him, the fans care about him.

The same could be said about Hornswoggle.

The thing is AJ has been booked horrible, Joe has been outright destroyed, Abyss is a joke, and what happened to Tomko (before the Japan incident) was downright moronic. I have no reason to believe Hernandez will be given a fair shot, eventhouigh he clearly has the potential to do some big things for TNA.

As far as my feelings on the product go. I haven't liked many of the shows overall, I did like some things every now and then, but the bad always outweighs the good in my opinion.

You must not watch the shows, because there have been many times that the show has come off better than what was in the spoilers. And, I'm a huge Tomko mark, but he fucked up, not TNA. They were ready to give him a push and he decided that he wanted to go over to Japan instead. Joe, yes they could have done better with. AJ is a grand slam champion, and they put him over as one. He's over with the fans, and no matter what they do with him, the fans care about him.

The same could be said about Hornswoggle.

The thing is AJ has been booked horrible, Joe has been outright destroyed, Abyss is a joke, and what happened to Tomko (before the Japan incident) was downright moronic. I have no reason to believe Hernandez will be given a fair shot, eventhouigh he clearly has the potential to do some big things for TNA.

As far as my feelings on the product go. I haven't liked many of the shows overall, I did like some things every now and then, but the bad always outweighs the good in my opinion.

I'm not going to come at you for having that opinion. That's what these boards are about, to have discussions. I agree that Joe has been destroyed, but that doesn't bother me, as I've never been a huge fan of his to begin with. His X-Division matches were entertaining, but he's never done anything, outside of TNA, that has made me a fan. I'm going to give TNA the benefit of the doubt with Hernandez. For some reason, I see them pushing him for the main reason that he is hispanic. That is one demographic that they seem to be going after from various things that I have read on various "news" sites in the past.

If for no other reason than he'll still be in the company in 3 years while Sting (retired), Angle (Gotta believe he's E bound come contract time), Steiner (breaking down), Booker (he was talking about retirement years ago...although the lighter schedule probably extends his career) won't be...Hernandez will get pushed to the top eventually.

Just to throw something out there for discussion before I leave to watch the Sabres lose again...

TNA has had 2 major things go wrong with the Frontline...one is their fault, the other they couldn't really do anything about.

1. If Christian had stayed he'd be a much better leader of the faction than Rhino. More credible, better mouthpiece, better wrestler...

2. When AJ and Joe needed partners to face off in the 8 man tag. THEY SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THAT SPOT TO LAX. Styles, Joe and LAX is the kind of faction that people could get behind. Instead it's Joe, Styles and the guys from ECW that got fired from the E.

In fact...even without Christian the Frontline should simply be Joe, AJ, Daniels and LAX. That would rule. And inevtibly Joe turns and has great matches with all those guys while the old guys that are leaving are phased down the card.

Jut thinking about Joe vs Hernandez (yes, I'm not a fan of Joe, but the guy can go), has me hoping that the MEM retire/go to the E/get broken down faster.

I don't like Joe either, but he is over and the PPV'S he headline do do good numbers as faras TNA is concern.

I just feel now more than any other time in TNA' history, they need to focus on the young guys. The MEM angle could be sabotaged because of injury, Nash might lose an elbow, Steiner can't even take a back bump and from what I read he can't even sit a car without going through a routine, because of his back. Sting has a bum leg, which I don't see getting better any time soon, Booker is in decline, Foley has basically said he can only work tag team matches right now, because of injury, and Angle at the rate he is going is on the verge of becoming this generations Dynamite Kid or worse.

This is the time for TNA to seriously consider going all out with the AJ, Joe, MCMG, Lethal, and Homicide, by giving them all serious pushes and committing to it. The thing is you're going to have to build those guys from scratch for them to be taken seriously again. So for right now, they should be grooming Hernandez to be the face of the company, he's the only guy they haven't managed to ruin and he has a ton of potential to work with. He is powerful, has agility, and charisma. They should be protecting him right now, and building him up as the main guy. They could easily let him convincingly run through the Mafia, which ends with him winning the title; I believe the fans will by an angle like that.

The thing is TNA doesn't have the balls to take chances like this, so they rather keep the belt on Sting who can barely move, only to give the title to Angle who is on a mission to cripple himself, and doesn't even know if he's even going to be there the end of this year. This will eventually conclude in a match with Sting vs. Angle for the title down the road, something we have seen before, and although it did work before, I don't see how it could be the least bit effective this go round. At the end of the day, TNA will be in the same boat, which really doesn't make any sense.

I don't like Joe either, but he is over and the PPV'S he headline do do good numbers as faras TNA is concern.

I just feel now more than any other time in TNA' history, they need to focus on the young guys. The MEM angle could be sabotaged because of injury, Nash might lose an elbow, Steiner can't even take a back bump and from what I read he can't even sit a car without going through a routine, because of his back. Sting has a bum leg, which I don't see getting better any time soon, Booker is in decline, Foley has basically said he can only work tag team matches right now, because of injury, and Angle at the rate he is going is on the verge of becoming this generations Dynamite Kid or worse.

This is the time for TNA to seriously consider going all out with the AJ, Joe, MCMG, Lethal, and Homicide, by giving them all serious pushes and committing to it. The thing is you're going to have to build those guys from scratch for them to be taken seriously again. So for right now, they should be grooming Hernandez to be the face of the company, he's the only guy they haven't managed to ruin and he has a ton of potential to work with. He is powerful, has agility, and charisma. They should be protecting him right now, and building him up as the main guy. They could easily let him convincingly run through the Mafia, which ends with him winning the title; I believe the fans will by an angle like that.

The thing is TNA doesn't have the balls to take chances like this, so they rather keep the belt on Sting who can barely move, only to give the title to Angle who is on a mission to cripple himself, and doesn't even know if he's even going to be there the end of this year. This will eventually conclude in a match with Sting vs. Angle for the title down the road, something we have seen before, and although it did work before, I don't see how it could be the least bit effective this go round. At the end of the day, TNA will be in the same boat, which really doesn't make any sense.

Not saying they are, but maybe that is what they are doing. He loses by DQ. He then demands a rematch due to that. Angle comes out and says that he needs to prove himself for the rematch. Over the next few weeks he goes through Steiner then Booker. The next week if he beats Angle he gets a shot. During the match the MEM try to interfere, but the Frontline and Homicide keep that from happening and at the next PPV Hernandez vs Sting in a cage match for no interference and then Hernandez wins it.

The title match didn't come off horrible on TV. Hernandez came off looking pretty good in the match. You can see he's going to be huge. The MEM really put over LAX big time in that match/post match fight. Yes, they got beat down, but Homicide took it to them before the number games became too much.

For once, the Frontline came out looking strong. That was a good post match segment. And, yes, Truth, I still believe Hernandez is going to get a decent push. The match was short, but he looked good in there. He didn't look out of place going up against a main eventer like Sting. He also has a good reason to get another title shot, since the match was a DQ. He used the case, but essentially still has the title shot.

I like how they're actually letting the opening segment play out rather than moving on to the next thing right away.

The usual gaps in logic are still there though--After being fired last week from his referee position, Sewell is a referee again with no explanation at all.

I like how they're actually letting the opening segment play out rather than moving on to the next thing right away.

The usual gaps in logic are still there though--After being fired last week from his referee position, Sewell is a referee again with no explanation at all.

They explained it last week. He was fired for three nights and then brought back at the PPV.

So.. Booker has dropped the ridiculous "I'm From Africa" thing with the accent.. and now he's doing an over-the-top "street/thug" thing with his voice? Seriously.. why can't he just talk like.. hmm.. Booker T???

I don't think Hernandez will get the push any more than I think he won't. I'm just reserving judgment. The match didn't do everything I hoped but it also wasn't bad for him, IMO. Next week's followup is probably where I'll make an opinion. If LAX confront the Mafia or Cornette I'll probably be pleased. If they do nothing I'll probably be antsy and waiting for the next week. If they just go on to other business with no mention of this week I'll be annoyed.

Man, that Beautiful People segment almost made me change the channel. We sat through what? Almost two months of this garbage? For THAT? Ye GODS...

Really liked that Hernandez didn't look like a chump at all, but I personally felt that they could've gotten two damn good PPV main events out of it rather than another MEM schmoz, but meh, what can you do? Also, why does Kong need an entourage of jobbers when she's beaten the shit out all the rest of the Knockouts by herself? It just seems kinda pointless, IMHO. Finally, why didn't TNA just have Booker sub for Angle against AJ instead of Steiner(who looked like he was going to fall over and die after about 6 minutes in the ring). Nothing against Scott and all, but he really shouldn't be in the ring doing singles matches now(or possibly ever if he can't get anywhere close to healthy) and the Petey thing could've worked with a tag match just as well.

Oh well, the opening segment and title match were pretty decent, but man, it's hard to ignore how fucking horrid all the Knockout segments were and how crippled Steiner is.

They explained it last week. He was fired for three nights and then brought back at the PPV.

No-- he was fired from his referee position and then rehired as a wrestler and then all of a sudden he's a referee again last night.

Here's what I didn't get about this show. Why waste Hernandez and his shot in the first 15 mins. of a show and then build up to Bubba Ray Dudley challenging Sting? TNA can't possibly think putting the Dudleys in singles matches on PPV could be a good idea. Why not pull the trigger on Hernandez getting a push?

Further, why would Hernandez cash in his briefcase in such a situation? The MEM was at ringside and would obviously run in to prevent him winning.

This is the first Impact I've watched start to finish in a while and I can't say I am impressed. Okay, they waste Herandez's title shot on the opening match of an Impact? It was wasting it, I don't care that he looked well. It was a stupid thing to do. He has a title shot whenever he wants and he just spends it like that? I'm not looking forward to two team 3D singles matches at a PPV. The knockout segments were awful. Beyond awful. The Beautiful People thing was probably the least funniest thing I've seen in a while. The main event wasn't worth the payoff, but at least it didn't end up with someone being bloodied and the MEM standing tall. Is Morgan/Abyss ever going to get a payoff or was that it? I'm all for slow builds but they are killing the angle by doing this crap.

This show did the second largest audience in TNA history with 1.8 million viewers watching according to the Observer site.

I believe that has to be because the opening segment kept going through several segments, and then there was a whole half hour of knockouts stuff which people always watch.

It was my first time watching Impact in about a year or two. I turned it off after that promo where some chick plastered with make up, blond hair, and what was probably a pair of fake tits was dogging on those two chicks for having too much make up, blond hair and fake tits. The fuck? It was an awful segment. That whole Palin stuff was painful to watch, although the accent was slightly amusing. Nobody cares about Sarah Palin anymore so why bother?

What I DID like, was Hernandez looking strong and pretty much kicking Sting's ass. Also, Homicide is one of my all time favorites, so seeing him giving the beatdown to Angle and Steiner was surreal. Sure, he took a lot more punishment when everyone got to him, but he was holding his own against a few big dudes for a while. Good stuff.

It was my first time watching Impact in about a year or two. I turned it off after that promo where some chick plastered with make up, blond hair, and what was probably a pair of fake tits was dogging on those two chicks for having too much make up, blond hair and fake tits. The fuck?

Taylor Wilde's quite the butterface.

So.. Booker has dropped the ridiculous "I'm From Africa" thing with the accent.. and now he's doing an over-the-top "street/thug" thing with his voice? Seriously.. why can't he just talk like.. hmm.. Booker T???

Actually, the way he is talking now IS more Booker T than he has ever been. Don't you remember Harlem Heat?

Thank god that BP-Palin segment didn't end the show....I figured they just had to have taped out of sequence. It was as bad as I thought it was going to be, that is for sure.

Otherwise, the show was better than it appeared on paper (as usual). The heat, at least in Orlando, seems to be stronger than anticipated for where things stand now with the main faction war angle. Buh Buh and Petey's returns were way more bigger than they had any right to be, and gave the show some good spots of Frontline actually getting over, which is rare. I'm totally not sold on Buh Buh and D-Von as singles guys, though, and the anticipated plans for the main event of the next ppv relating to that idea sounds horrible. I could maaaaaybe buy Buh Buh as a singles guy, but not as a main eventer, nor challenging for the world title.

As far as the Hernandez/Sting stuff, that definately was good and I would much rather see them throw Hernandez into that world title match at the next ppv than either Dudley. They should follow up properly from the schmoz finish of that match by giving him another title shot in no time.