TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Obama Sides with Bush

Guest Vitamin X
The Obama administration fell in line with the Bush administration Thursday when it urged a federal judge to set aside a ruling in a closely watched spy case weighing whether a U.S. president may bypass Congress and establish a program of eavesdropping on Americans without warrants.

In a filing in San Francisco federal court, President Barack Obama adopted the same position as his predecessor. With just hours left in office, President George W. Bush late Monday asked U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker to stay enforcement of an important Jan. 5 ruling admitting key evidence into the case.

Thursday's filing by the Obama administration marked the first time it officially lodged a court document in the lawsuit asking the courts to rule on the constitutionality of the Bush administration's warrantless-eavesdropping program. The former president approved the wiretaps in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

Link.

Cute. We should've seen it coming when he voted against punishing the telecoms last year.

Glenn Beck had a secret interview with Bush when he was president right in the Oval Office, I think it was a year ago. He basically told Glenn that whoever the next president was, when they finally started getting all of the intel and briefings that he got on a daily basis, that the choices the new President would make would almost have to be similar to the choices he made during his terms as president despite whatever promises that they made during their campaign.

I cant wait for people to start turning on Obama and calling him the black Bush or something equally stupid. Lots of laughs.

Figured this might happen. Not happy about it, but it's not like McCain was going to get rid of this either. Hopefully this administration will come around on this before the end of these first 4 years.

Marvin, is this "secret interview" just in your head, or did you already post it to Fanfiction.net?

And is anyone really surprised? I mean, he voted like this before. I agree with Edwin; hopefully he'll end it in the future, but I didn't think this would change anytime soon.

yeah, obama's senate record never gave any indication that he would reverse any of this. i believe he voted for the renewal of the patriot act as well. it just didn't come up last year because clinton and mccain (if i remember correctly) had a record identical to his. booooooooooooo.

I'm glad he kept this in.(so far) If it even prevents 1 terror attack from happening,(however big or small), is worth it it my opinion.

I'm glad he kept this in.(so far) If it even prevents 1 terror attack from happening,(however big or small), is worth it it my opinion.

I thought you didn't visit this part of the board.

I thought you didn't visit this part of the board.

I'm expanding my horizons.

Lucius Fox: Beautiful. Unethical. DANGEROUS. You've turned every cellphone in Gotham into a microphone.

Batman: And a high-frequency generator-receiver.

Lucius Fox: You took my sonar concept and applied it to every phone in the city. With half the city feeding you sonar, you can image all of Gotham. This is wrong.

Batman: I've gotta find this man, Lucius.

Lucius Fox: At what cost?

Batman: The database is null-key encrypted. It can only be accessed by one person.

Lucius Fox: This is too much power for one person.

Batman: That's why I gave it to you. Only you can use it.

I mean, on a moral standpoint I'm against it. But really, it wouldn't effect my life in any way besides possibly preventing myself or loved ones from getting blown up, so I wouldn't give a shit.

I guess that's the way most Americans feel too, or they wouldn't allow their government to do it.

Most people quote some Tom Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Lincoln, Washington, etc. Not THE BATMAN and Lucas drivel. At least no one has hit this shit with V for Vendetta shit...

Narcoleptic Jumper seems to be gone, so that won't be happenng anytime soon.

When you walk through the garden

you gotta watch your back

well I beg your pardon

walk the straight and narrow track

if you walk with Jesus

he's gonna save your soul

you gotta keep the devil

way down in the hole

he's got the fire and the fury

at his command

well you don't have to worry

if you hold on to Jesus hand

we'll all be safe from Satan

when the thunder rolls

just gotta help me keep the devil

way down in the hole

All the angels sing about Jesus' mighty sword

and they'll shield you with their wings

and keep you close to the lord

don't pay heed to temptation

for his hands are so cold

you gotta help me keep the devil

way down in the hole

Marvin, is this "secret interview" just in your head, or did you already post it to Fanfiction.net?

And is anyone really surprised? I mean, he voted like this before. I agree with Edwin; hopefully he'll end it in the future, but I didn't think this would change anytime soon.

Also, Glenn Beck says George W. Bush is Batman!

Guest Smues
Lucius Fox: Beautiful. Unethical. DANGEROUS. You've turned every cellphone in Gotham into a microphone.

Batman: And a high-frequency generator-receiver.

Lucius Fox: You took my sonar concept and applied it to every phone in the city. With half the city feeding you sonar, you can image all of Gotham. This is wrong.

Batman: I've gotta find this man, Lucius.

Lucius Fox: At what cost?

Batman: The database is null-key encrypted. It can only be accessed by one person.

Lucius Fox: This is too much power for one person.

Batman: That's why I gave it to you. Only you can use it.

God I hated that scene.

Guest Smues
"Those who would sacrifice an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither" - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Well at least it was better than that comment about how liberty dies to thunderous applause.