TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

TMC1982 is on fire...

Well as was already pointed out to you, since he managed to make over 25 posts anyway, he would be out of larvae by now (so to answer a question you asked, no, it's not a 100 post group).

I sent him a PM earlier today about thread creation and board standards in an effort to help him. He never responded and then started several more threads. That's the last time I try to help someone.

The Olberman vs. McMahon thread was bad, but it was equally annoying that five different posters felt that it was necessary to jump on him for starting a non-thread-worthy topic. If you don't like the thread, don't respond.

I wasn't speaking directly to you, bob. I've always felt that the board at large will decide whether something is worthy of a thread. If it gets no responses, it goes away and we move on. For instance, I started a thread called "National Pastime?" in sports this week and it died after one response. I threw up a clunker and it failed, but we all moved on. Some of the new guys get a lot of heat for that sort of thing; I'm just lucky I've built up enough capital around here to let something like that skate by.

I don't like when people try to tell others what deserves a thread and what doesn't. That was the problem I had for so long with the old CWDWAT in the WWE folder.

I wasn't speaking directly to you, bob. I've always felt that the board at large will decide whether something is worthy of a thread. If it gets no responses, it goes away and we move on. For instance, I started a thread called "National Pastime?" in sports this week and it died after one response. I threw up a clunker and it failed, but we all moved on. Some of the new guys get a lot of heat for that sort of thing; I'm just lucky I've built up enough capital around here to let something like that skate by.

I don't like when people try to tell others what deserves a thread and what doesn't. That was the problem I had for so long with the old CWDWAT in the WWE folder.

Getting rid of that, having the general thread moderated regularly was one of the best things to happen to be fair. Seems a lot more discussion happens now. I don't mind this TMC bloke too much, at least he's trying to start some discussion, though he does seem to be blowing his wad all at once, which I can see being tiring for some people.

Only ever seems to be the same few people who have the confidence to strike up a discussion topic outside of CWDWAT.

You only need one thread every few days or per week for the topics he is coming up with. Too much discussion will happen and then die down because he won't be here forever to make fifty topics in one hour.

He also does the same thing at the 411mania boards. There is also a topic there about how annoying those posters find him.

And here is that thread.

Whoa, that board gave me a headache. After about ten seconds I was scrambling for the close button. Maybe TSM isn't the asshole of the internet like I once thought it was.

You haven't been to the Aint It Cool News talkbacks, I take it? There's plenty of message boards that are worse than this place.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I go to SSS and DVDVR for the match downloads and Loss's board for old WO's and snobbery.

I frequent Wrestling Classics (I don't like most of the regulars there and the no swearing rule is fucking bullshit but somehow despite all of this, it's my second favorite board. Learn something new every day). I also frequent an SNL forum and lurk at some bands fan fourms. I used to be a regular at Cawthon's board but the lack of quality posters there really wore on me.

I occasionally post in the IMDB message boards, but I rarely do, since they're terrible. I'm signed to the Fangoria folders, but I haven't posted there since '04 or '05. I thought about joining the Something Awful forums, but I'm not paying $9.99 to join a message board.

I didn't know you posted at Wrestling Classics, Cheech. . Geez, it seems like I find another similarity to you, every day. We're brothers from different Portlands!

I haven't been there in years and even then I mostly lurked. Over time WWE managed to kill my love for almost any wrestling discussion, be it current or old school. It's a miracle I even still pop into the General folder here.

There's like two or three topics a week on current WWE. The rest is on MMA, assorted stuff that middle aged men like (including our beloved classic rock that rocks), and the occasional topic actually on old school wrestling.

Still I wouldn't advocate for or against going there. On the one hand, its very informative and the general population is pretty cool but on the other, a lot of the regulars seem like they would look like high concept gimmick posters if they posted here...

If he keeps going I'll do something, it's getting annoying.

I would pm him and just ask him to tone down the topic starting and if he keeps it up, restrict his account from starting topics.

I'm all for more discussion here, but the guy's just flooding the board at this point

His posts can be moderated. For them to go through, one of us would have to approve. I am up to the task.

No. I could make one, but I'm not feeling very good right now. I just ate barbecue.

Actually, let's give it a try.