TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

College Basketball: February '09

Cincy gets the win over WVU in that one, a needed win if they have any chance of making the tourney. I still don't think the Big East can get 9 teams in, since the 8/9 teams will likely play in the conf. tourney and it's a de facto elimination game.

Speaking of WVU, I do agree they'll be a tough out but what is with the computers having such a hard on for them? RPI in the top 20, kenpom.com has them in the top 10 (ahead of U of L, which is just baffling). This IS a team that lost to UK earlier in the season...just saying.

Guest Smues

UW wins a hard fought game over Arizona today to clinch at least a share of their first Pac-10 title in a quarter of a century. A win next week against WSU would clinch it outright, as would UCLA,Cal, and ASU losing one more pac-10 game. ASU is about to lose to WSU, and Cal plays UCLA tonights, so UW just needs to the winner to lose one of their remaining games. Awesome.

Edit: Ok ASU WAS about to lose, but WSU sucks and now it's going to OT. WSU had a 3 point lead with like 10 seconds and was at the foul line to shoot two. They miss them both, then foul ASU as their shooter takes a 3, so he sinks all three free throws and it goes to OT. Damn Pullman.

Guest Smues

And WSU manages to pull it off. That was actually a pretty exciting end of the game, unlike the rest of it which was pretty dull.

So Blake Griffin comes back from a concussion and has 20 points and 18 rebounds. That's cool, I didn't really like seeing a guy who just came back from a concussion diving into the front row though. Then again I guess it's good he's playing hard.

I keep hearing ESPN saying he's undoubtedly the National Player of the Year. I guess it's cool he's going to win that award, but NPOY don't have that great of a tournament track record recently, do they?

So Blake Griffin comes back from a concussion and has 20 points and 18 rebounds. That's cool, I didn't really like seeing a guy who just came back from a concussion diving into the front row though. Then again I guess it's good he's playing hard.

I keep hearing ESPN saying he's undoubtedly the National Player of the Year. I guess it's cool he's going to win that award, but NPOY don't have that great of a tournament track record recently, do they?

Looking at the last ten seasons

Tyler Hansbrough (UNC)-Final Four

Kevin Durant (Texas)-2nd Round

JJ Redick (Duke)-Sweet Sixteen

Andrew Bogut (Utah)-Sweet Sixteen

Jameer Nelson (St. Joes)-Elite Eight

TJ Ford (Texas)-Final Four

Jason Williams (Duke)-Sweet Sixteen

Shane Battier (Duke)-National Champions

Kenyon Martin (Cincinnati)-2nd Round

Elton Brand (Duke)-Runner Up

U of L with the "eh" win over Marquette today. It's an "eh" win since Dominic James is hurt for the season now and I was hoping for a 20 point beatdown. Either way it's a nice resume win over a top tier BE team. Now it's time to beat down Seton Hall (payback from last year) and then watch Pitt and UConn maim each other. Still a shot at the conference title.

Looking at the last ten seasons

Tyler Hansbrough (UNC)-Final Four

Kevin Durant (Texas)-2nd Round

JJ Redick (Duke)-Sweet Sixteen

Andrew Bogut (Utah)-Sweet Sixteen

Jameer Nelson (St. Joes)-Elite Eight

TJ Ford (Texas)-Final Four

Jason Williams (Duke)-Sweet Sixteen

Shane Battier (Duke)-National Champions

Kenyon Martin (Cincinnati)-2nd Round

Elton Brand (Duke)-Runner Up

Better than I thought. I will settle for nothing less than a Final Four this year.