TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TMC1982

Once Great Cable Channels That Have Gone Downhill

I just passed MTV while channel surfing...they were showing the movie Antitrust

what the fuck

I remember in 2000/2001 they would show their Matthew Shepard movie 24/7.

Guest Smues
Not that Antitrust is a bad movie, but it came completely out of left field

I would argue that it is a bad movie, but that's for another thread I suppose. I THINK IT'S PART OF A CAMERA!

ABC Family... not sure it was ever "great" but now they're stuck showing (pre-dominantly) Step By Step, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, and Full House with the odd movie thrown in here and there.

Boomerang still kicks ass, although it's starting to become Cartoon Network lite with Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Justice League Unlimited, The Batman, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter's Laboratory.

ABC Family has some crappy orginal dramas on at night though. Pregnant teenage girl drama!

I did find it funny that last weekend (?) there was a 700 club Telethon on ABC Family...and it was in HD! lol.

700 Club is on ABC Fam every day, you dolt. In HD. LOL.

Not a great channel that's gone downhill, but this seems like the place to complain about it:

Every morning when I get home from work and turn on my TV (since it's the main light source in my room if I don't turn the light switch on at the top of the stairs), I often have the Seattle Fox affiliate on as it was the last thing I watched before heading to work. I can't believe in 2009 that their morning news is broadcast in standard def only - to me, this is a complete embarrassment to the station and a poor representation of the Fox brand.

ABC Family... not sure it was ever "great" but now they're stuck showing (pre-dominantly) Step By Step, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, and Full House with the odd movie thrown in here and there.

Boomerang still kicks ass, although it's starting to become Cartoon Network lite with Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Justice League Unlimited, The Batman, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter's Laboratory.

ABC Family has some crappy orginal dramas on at night though. Pregnant teenage girl drama!

I did find it funny that last weekend (?) there was a 700 club Telethon on ABC Family...and it was in HD! lol.

Oh thank God it's in HD. I just can't watch wacked out religious fanatics in standard definition.

"The 700 Club" has been on ABC Family going back to it's days as the CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) Family Channel. Remember, Pat Robertson (the host of "The 700 Club") started the Family Channel back in I believe, 1977. So there's some sort of clause in the contract that no matter what, "The 700 Club" still has to air, regardless of the current branding (whether it's from CBN, FOX, or now, ABC) of the Family Channel.

I don't think it's strayed too far from its original vision but the E! Network has gotten a lot worse in the past half decade or so. As I said in CTDWAT, I blame two things, 1. E! True Hollywood Story now mostly covers actual celebrities. I miss when they did 'em on has beens and never weres. 2. The proliferation of countdown shows. And I like these stupid countdown shows but E!'s are just terrible.

Oh and they completely misused the rights to air SNL reruns. You think if you had the right to show reruns of America's most celebrated and longest running sketch comedy show you'd show more than once a week and not rotate between the same ten or so episodes, no?

Oh and they completely misused the rights to air SNL reruns. You think if you had the right to show reruns of America's most celebrated and longest running sketch comedy show you'd show more than once a week and not rotate between the same ten or so episodes, no?

You reminded that I was going to say Comedy Central for this thread, but they have Futurama/Scrubs reruns now plus more frequent Daily Show/Colbert Report replays. They should get rid of the MAD TV reruns and bring back the SNL reruns once E! neglects to renew it. I miss Kids in the Hall, the UK Whose Line and Win Ben Stein's Money, though.

Yeah, I could do without BBC America. Coupling is an amazing show and the Office was good, but they don't have that many episodes. Robin Hood is dull...I can do without the channel.