TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - February 9, 2009

With Shane busting out the Coast II Coast on raw, will he have a new whacky idea to pop the crowd with on sunday?

I'm suprised his fat ass could make it across the ring. They must've used extra springy ropes for this ring. ;)

The landing on that move was terrible, btw. It's like he forgot one of the most basic things to do when you're gonna bump on your back - maybe he needs to study some tough enough tapes. :P

Wow, what happened to the board. The last couple of weeks had at least two times as many messages.

Damn, I hate Shane McMahon.

That happened.

I think JBL's going to win at NWO, mainly because most people seem to be assuming HBK will win and that's the angle over with. I'm not sure where they go from there. A few weeks of Layfield forcing HBK to do a series of demeaning tasks, and this leads to match at wrestlemania? I don't know what they're thinking. They seem to be caught between wanting to end it now, and continuing it for a few months.

JBl makes HBK go after Taker's streak was what I was thinking.

I think the problem is that there's really nowhere to go with the main event angle. If Shane turns at "No Way Out," then at least we know that the owner's out-of-shape 40-something son can't actually singlehandedly beat up the big heel stable, but then we're also stuck with Shane on TV and mucking up Legacy for the forseeable future. If he doesn't turn, then Legacy look like a bunch of pussies and Orton, who was red hot coming off of punting Vince in the head, would be another guy to have the legs cut out from beneath him by a stupid McMahon-centered angle. What I would like to see at "No Way Out" is for Orton to just beat the everloving shit out of Shane until Stephanie has to actually beg him to stop. And that'll lead to Orton fighting Vince's son-in-law at WM, where Triple H will successfully defend Vince's honor and the WWE way.

Well, you're basically left with Cena and Triple H as potential face champions for Orton at WM. As much as Cena has been the heroic voice of corporate America here recently, a Triple H program would just make more sense in the context of the whole McMahons v. Orton storyline as it's currently constituted. Of course, that leaves open the question of what Cena (or Edge, for that matter) is going to do at WM.

(but I guess last week was a lot of 'OH NOES, CENA BEAT JERICHO!' nonsense).

I wasn't one of those posters last week, but my reaction was not "OH NOES, CENA BEAT JERICHO!!", but more like "OH NOES, CENA MADE JERICHO LOOK WEAK AND INEFFECTIVE!!". I had no problem with Cena going over, only how he did it (i.e. prolonged stretch in the Walls, rolled directly into the STF leading to an extremely quick tap by Jericho).

However, last night I realized five things:

1. The Walls isn't even Jericho's finisher any longer

2. Jericho just finished one of the best years of his career

3. He can get his heat back with one promo

4. WWE has shown willingness to allow Jericho to sometimes win cleanly, even as a heel (this was my biggest issue with previous non-Cruiserweight heel Jericho characters - he never, ever, eeeeeeever, won cleanly)

5. He has a credible, over finisher with the Codebreaker

Taking all this into account, I'll no longer get upset at Jericho looking bad. This current character is virtually bulletproof, and awesome.

As for this week's show, pretty solid from top to bottom. I really enjoyed Regal-Punk for the time they got, but I'm also looking forward to that being the end of that little rivalry for the time being (I rolled my eyes at both King and Cole calling Punk "lucky", but whatever). Regal had a gamplan that built off last week's match and stuck to that gameplan, while Punk just countered as best he could. Really good stuff.

Jericho was masterful in the opening promo (Slick Ric, on the other hand, just looked and sounded bad), but I'm still not sure where this angle is going. Should be a fun ride. Since there's no chance in hell he's winning on Sunday I was glad he got the victory in the 6-man tag match. Good energy overall here.

I'm kinda bored with Priceless (especially since they won't let Dibiase talk anymore), so their tag match was a blur. Especially since it was just the same match as last week. Meh.

The women's match was enjoyable in its shortness. Melina's come a long way. Still sloppy as shit, but fun to watch anyway. Beth continues to own it both in and out of the ring.

Taker/Orton was fine for what it was, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much offense Orton was allowed. The finish was acceptable for the most part. I'm through complaining about "Shane O'Mac" because he's a known quantity. He's going to cool off the heat of anybody he's paired with. That's just the way it is. Me, I'm already looking forward to Monday where we can put this debacle behind us and just move on. Orton's young enough where this shouldn't "Kane" him. He's going to be in one of the main events at WM, so at least he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

It looks like WWE's foreshadowing either a Steph turn or HHH involvement in the angle. So, I'm guessing neither happens, which I would be OK with.

Then that would mean a Orton/HHH main event. No thanks. I say this because Orton said he would sue WWE if he wasn't in the main event at WM.

Couldn't HHH win the Elimination Chamber? Orton has already said he hasn't made up his mind what title he wants to go after. Say Orton takes out Shane, then outs HHH as Steph's husband. Isn't that logical? He wants to make Steph's life miserable, after all.

I've said this before.. I think that Flair might have some form of diabetes.

post-799-1234287054_thumb.jpgdiabetus.jpg

I don't want to beat up on Flair too much, but can anybody help pinpoint when exactly he started looking "rough"? I mean, when he first showed up (or technically, returned) to WWE the night after the Invasion in 2001, he still looked relatively fit and like his age for the most part.

I don't want to beat up on Flair too much, but can anybody help pinpoint when exactly he started looking "rough". I mean, when he first showed up (or technically, returned) to WWE the night after the Invasion in 2001, he still looked relatively fit and like his age for the most part.

I want to say around 2003.

post-799-1234287054_thumb.jpgdiabetus.jpg

I don't want to beat up on Flair too much, but can anybody help pinpoint when exactly he started looking "rough". I mean, when he first showed up (or technically, returned) to WWE the night after the Invasion in 2001, he still looked relatively fit and like his age for the most part.

He looked like his "normal" self in 2001 when he was WWE Co-Owner. Fast forward 2 years and if you look at photos of him when they formed Evolution, he looks like he aged about 15 years.

He looked like his "normal" self in 2001 when he was WWE Co-Owner. Fast forward 2 years and if you look at photos of him when they formed Evolution, he looks like he aged about 15 years.

After the Benoit tragedy, it was reported in a Palm Beach Post article that Flair received steroids in 2003 from a Tampa Bay clinic.

Or this too.