TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Fla. Doctor Investigated in Badly Botched Abortion

Sorry, Dobbster, but I don't want a guy who advocates child birth licenses, ghetto raids, and torture (not sure what your take is on forced sterilization) to have much of a say over my wife's, niece's, female cousin's (etc.) reproductive organs.

I certainly don't want to have any say in it. I would just welcome a rational and intelligent response to my point. I'll restate what I said earlier: How does something go from being a mass of tissue one moment to a living person with equal rights of any other American the next?

I pretty much agree with what Tyler said on the question of "is a fetus a person?", but legislatively it's moot anyway. Since Planned Parenthood vs. Casey, the gubmint has been able to place restrictions on late term abortions.

I certainly don't want to have any say in it.

Dude--you've made it quite clear in your postings here that you think the government should have control over ladies' private parts.

the rational and intelligent response to your question is that there is no possible way to quantify life or the point at which something changes from a ball of cells and tissue to a person. a "person" is a subjective definition anyways and is determined by your own personal morality; it's not a medical term, it's a descriptive one. if i walked down the street and saw a zygote sitting on the curb, i'd probably run it over and think nothing of it, but you want to tell me that's got the same rights as i do, somehow. i don't see it.

For me I think once it hits the stage of survivability outside the womb it should be considered a person. Like Tyler said this is completely subjective and my own personal opinion on the matter. So that's sometime in the second trimester it's beyond being tissue mass. With my own son, around that time he could actually react to stimulus he'd kick if there was a loud noise or if I had my hand where he was kicking he'd keep kicking in that spot and he'd stop after a few kicks when I'd move it.

I'm generally against abortion (there are some instances where it's acceptable, ie rape, incest, mother at severely high risk) and loathe people who use it as a form of birth control when there are so many couples out there who want children and can't get pregnant.

Sen. Dave Schultheis, of Colorado Springs, on Wednesday opposed a bill requiring pregnant women to be tested for HIV so that if they are infected their babies can be treated to prevent the virus's transfer.

"This stems from sexual promiscuity for the most part, and I just can't go there," he said.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009...ty-cause-uproa/

Babies should get AIDS to punish their slut mothers. Your pro-life movement at work.