TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

When what happens backstage/IRL ruins a match/angle for you.

I always thought the whole Scott Hall/Steve Austin feud was fucked up.

They had Austin, a functioning alchoholic, pouring beer on Hall, a recovering alchoholic. Plus a bunch of other beer related antics going on.

When Steve Austin came back to the WWE after all the trouble with hitting his ex-wife. Austin, who's a face, gave Stacy Keibler a stunner because she didn't like the taste of beer. That's it. And then JR, who will damn anyone who hits woman, makes excuses for Austin cause "that's just how he is." Right. And then the following week Stacy has learned the error of her ways and drinks the beer.

I was there live for that Stunner...the crowd popped huge (and I'll admit, I did, too).

Sherri Martel died after the Vince angle and before Benoit too... So we had fake death news on WWE.com right next to actual death news... on WWE.com

Nancy Grace revealed that the Benoit family and Sherri deaths are related, you know, through Kevin Sullivan, no less.

I was watching an Edge match from a few years back. Couldn't remember if he was face or heel at this point but the reaction he got was for the most part good. There were a lot of front row smarks chiming in with their two cents on Litagate (this was before Hardy went public with it for no reason other than publicity) one master orator came up with "Why did you leave your wife?!"

It ruined my enjoyment and seemed to get to Edge. Of all the off limits banging that probably goes on on the road it seemed unfair that Edge was getting so much heat. Take those pricks who think they are smart for reading Flat Hardy's myspace and show them HBK's or Trips' or ANYONE'S list of rats for that year. As if Copeland was the only wrestler ever to get caught up in infidelity on the road.

It's not a big deal to me, but a few comments from ECW One Night Stand 2005 kinda stand out. In particular, Austin telling Benoit to kill Bischoff and Styles wishing Awesome would kill himself.

That's not as bad as Cole screaming "Benoit sacrificed himself to get here! Hes sacrificied his family to get here!" or something like that during Benoit and Angle at the Rumble.