TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boner Kawanger

Indiana Jones and the 125 Page Story Outline

This just hit the Internet, probably due to a leak somewhere, so get it while you can. Basically, if you know anything about Raiders of the Lost Ark behind the scenes, you'll know the basic stuff about how Spielberg and Lucas came up with the character right after Star Wars and Close Encounters. Well, this file is a 125 page transcript of the conversation the two had with the great Lawrence Kasdan, the screenwriter of Raiders. I haven't read anything but a scant preview, and it looks to be very interesting. Given that Spielberg refuses to do audio commentaries and that both men are pretty secretive about their projects, I thought this would be a treat for any fans of pre-Crystal Skull Spiel-Cas (that's the tabloid-esque name I have coined for the duo).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cnoe3r

EDIT: Best part-

G — What can he chase them with? What if he jumps on a camel?

S — I love it. It's a great idea. There's never been a camel chase before.

L — Is this camel going to chase a car?

S — You know how fast a camel can run? Not only that, he can jump over vegetable carts and things. It could be a funny chase that ends in tragedy. You're laughing your head off and suddenly, "My God, she's dead..."

S — We still have the big fight in the moving truck to do. And now we have a camel chase.

G — We've added another million dollars.

S — Not really. How much trouble can a camel be?