TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
George_South

Does anyone remember "Rulebreaker" magazine?

I think this magazine was Eddie Ellner's baby. It was a magazine geared toward the heel perspective. I'm sure it only last a couple-few years, but I got a kick outta reading it when I was younger.

Anyone else remember this?

Cabbageboy and myself were discussing this a long time ago. I had the inaugural issue with Luger and Heenan on the front cover. My favorite part was the bottom twenty rankings, all babyfaces, complete with snide remarks, i.e. Crush- Beat up by a clown, Erik Watts- Daddy What'd you bring me?

I don't know if my local grocery store carried it beyond the first one, because I cannot recall ever seeing another.

Cabbageboy and myself were discussing this a long time ago. I had the inaugural issue with Luger and Heenan on the front cover. My favorite part was the bottom twenty rankings, all babyfaces, complete with snide remarks, i.e. Crush- Beat up by a clown, Erik Watts- Daddy What'd you bring me?

I don't know if my local grocery store carried it beyond the first one, because I cannot recall ever seeing another.

Nice. Yeh, I had probably 5 or 6 issues, but then I couldn't find it anymore. Actually a pretty creative idea---too bad it never caught on.

I just remember pretty much every article used to rank on ol' Dusty pretty bad. Which was, of course, hilarious.

Yeah there was a thread about this a while ago. Rulebreaker was a surreal magazine, but it was more of a novelty magazine than something that could sustain itself. Heel columnists are really funny in a PWI setting where it's a counter to the norm, but a whole magazine of babyface bashing and pimping the heels gets wearisome.

Still, the first one had a great headline: "1993: Year of the Rulebreaker!"

I remember buying an issue in 1994-95. I'm not sure, but I think it was a double issued combined with PWI. Anyways, I remember it praised Brutus Beefcake/Butcher for finally turning on Hogan. Pretty funny stuff.