TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Not Deleting Peoples PMs

How is it that only the PM's I've received in response to inviting other users to the new board mysteriously have their text deleted? HMMM, but all of my other PM's are fine. Resigning or not, this new regime is SO great AND professional. :D

No joke my friend.

Every PM I have that was a response to an invite to the new board now has it's text gone. Every other PM in my inbox is a-ok.

Maybe it's an April Fool's prank.. an undoable one at that. I don't know. It's not even really that it's so petty to delete any talk of the new board.. it's that our PMs are supposed to be private and yet our illustrious fill-in admins feel they have the right to go through them and pick and choose what gets to stay. I wonder how many people that I didn't hear back from actually received my messages....

If I'm not mistaken (and I doubt I am) I believe only the red-texts have the ability to participate in these types of shenanigans.

Yeah, I know that.. but Leena appointed JST as a moderator so he might have been in the loop.

I don't know what the fuck is going on around here any more. I stuck around here because I really did believe things would eventually get better.

Well it's this kind of crap that proves there was no sincerity in all of this "positive change" and "for the better" BS that went around originally.

Some more angry members:

Holy fuck, I just checked my inbox and all the messages that gave this address now say forums.thesmartmarks.com instead of therealtsm. The bitch actually changed our PMs. Unbelievable.

I noticed this too. I have the site bookmarked on my laptop, but was at a desktop today and couldn't remember the url, so I went to that PM.

Yes, the PM I originally got about the new place is also blank.

Luke has said in the So It's Over Pt 2 thread that the original link has been changed to this board's link in his PM.

So there's obviously a word filter in place. But there's also someone going in and deleting message text for those of us that have blank messages now.

Well it wasn't me. I'm carrying on as a regular admin while I'm still a red. Last night I authorized new members and banned a spammer. So it's Mike or Leelee.

Un-fucking-believable.

Let it go, Leena. Changing PMs is irresponsible, unethical and downright creepy. There is no need to be doing this. There is a community of individuals that would like to have a message board where they can bullshit with one another about sports, pop culture and wrestling. Please stop interfering.

We are done with this type of drama and we are done with you. It is not necessary to drag this shit out another five years. Keep this little vestige of wrestling talk and let the rest of us live our internet lives.

So there's obviously a word filter in place

I just checked the word filters; I don't see anything about changing The Real TSM to TSM.

I also don't see a way to view/edit anyone's PMs.

So there's obviously a word filter in place

I just checked the word filters; I don't see anything about changing The Real TSM to TSM.

I also don't see a way to view/edit anyone's PMs.

I don't know what to tell you, Ortonsault. The evidence is there.

- some people have the new boards link changed to this board's link

- some people have NO TEXT in the messages that were discussing the new board

- all of my other private messages are fine. no missing text - nothing

I'm not saying it's you, but bullshit certainly is afoot, and whatever the reasoning it's still an invasion of privacy since these are private conversations between two members.

I must not be important enough, cause every PM I have about the new place still has the original address intact.

It must be a random bunch of people, because it's definately happened to me too.

It's been done on mine, too.

I had previously said I held no ill will toward the new administration (and honestly, despite the fact that Leena did once hack into my account here, I didn't), but this is beyond low.

It's been done on mine, too.

I had previously said I held no ill will toward the new administration (and honestly, despite the fact that Leena did once hack into my account here, I didn't), but this is beyond low.

Quoted for truth. This is exactly how I feel about things.