TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cd213

TNA Impact Spoilers for the Next 2 Weeks.

I got these from gerweck.net. Some interesting stuff from these tapings.

- Motor City Machine Guns d. No Limit (w/Kiyoshi & Sheik Abdul Bashir) in a IWGP tag title match.

- Samoa Joe d. Booker T (w/Kurt Angle) in a Lethal Lockdown advantage match (clean finish too - though Angle tried to interfere in the middle of it but was stopped by AJ Styles). Joe grabbed a kendo stick after the match and went after Booker and Angle but they got away.

- Hernandez (w/Homicide) d. Kiyoshi (w/No Limit).

- James Storm (w/Robert Roode) d. Scott Steiner (w/Kevin Nash) by DQ after Steiner got Storm with a steel pipe. Steiner took down Beer Money after the DQ but Team 3D made the save. 3D gave Beer Money their titles and they had a staredown before leaving the ring.

- Awesome Kong, Raisha Saeed & Taylor Wilde d. The Beautiful People & Madison Rayne. Velvet & Madison got a hold of Kong after the match and Angelina cut off some of her braids.

- Homicide (w/Hernandez) d. Chris Sabin (w/Alex Shelley) and Tetsuya Naito (w/Yujiro, Kiyoshi & Sheik Abdul Bashir) in a triple-threat match.

- AJ Styles came to the ring and called out Jeff Jarrett. He's tired of the rumors going around backstage and wants some answers. Jarrett says when AJ finds out who he chose as the fourth teammate (and the only hint he gives is that he's a former TNA champion) he'll be sorry for not trusting him. MEM came out after that and Kurt said Kevin wasn't cleared to wrestle the final Lethal Lockdown advantage match tonight against Team Jarrett's fourth member. Jarrett says Kurt can wrestle instead.

- Team 3D is in the locker room with Lauren when Brother Runt walks in. He's in town for a show and wanted to stop by and wish the guys luck for their match in Philly. Balls Mahoney then walks in and does the same.

- Abyss & Daffney (you read that right) d. Cody Deaner & ODB in a mixed tag match. Matt Morgan came to the ring after the match and took Abyss out. He said he'll be showing Abyss the final blueprint of his destruction at Lockdown.

- Mick Foley comes to the ring to do an interview. There were two chairs set up in the ring for it. Foley says the person he's interviewing comes from Truth or Consequences, New Mexico - it's Cactus Jack. He goes back and forth between Foley and Cactus Jack like a madman, talking about how Cactus will be showing up at Lockdown to finish what he started with Sting back in the day. Sting then comes to the ring to try and talk some sense into Foley. He goes nuts and takes out Sting, saying he's got the power to do whatever. He even has the power to play whatever theme music he wants, so he calls for Curry Man's theme to be played, then Shark Boy's, and finally Sting's. The segment ends with Foley standing over Sting with his barbed wire bat held high.

- We see Balls Mahoney and Brother Runt leaving the building on the big screen, only to be attacked by Beer Money from behind. They fight to the ring, where Beer Money just destroys them. Roode even hit a Bubba Bomb on Runt through a table. Team 3D finally makes the save and Brother Ray gets on the mic. He says their match in Philly was just supposed to be a good wrestling match between two good teams for tag team dominance, but it's gotten personal now. Every match is supposed to be in the locked cage, but theirs won't be. It's going to be a Philadelphia Street Fight now at Lockdown.

- Kurt Angle comes to the ring for the Lethal Lockdown advantage match. Jarrett then comes out and gets on the mic. He says he's tired of the rumors and all that and he'll be putting them to rest tonight. He's done what's best for TNA and what's best for the fans. He then introduces the fourth member of Team Jarrett and Kurt Angle's opponent for tonight - "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. He comes out to a remixed version of his last theme and a HUGE pop from the crowd.

- Kurt Angle d. Christopher Daniels after the original decision was reversed by Jeff Jarrett. This was a really good match. The finish was sorta like a roll-up of sorts - I'm not really sure how to explain it. After Rudy Charles declared Daniels the winner, AJ came out to celebrate and Kurt got pissed and said the match needed to be restarted. Apparently he had his shoulder up. Jim Cornette comes out and teases saying the match would be restarted but then calls Kurt the loser and then Kurt went nuts. Kurt then calls out Jarrett to make a decision. Jarrett shows the replay on the screen and it does in fact show Kurt's shoulder go up at 3. He says he's not happy about doing this but declares Angle the winner. Angle and the Mafia celebrate in the ring until Samoa Joe's music hits. Joe runs in and chases the Mafia and Jarrett out of the ring with AJ and Daniels to end the show.

The return of Daniels, no more The Gov. name, Balls and Spike! Beer money being serious but still kicking ass. I think this show is a good one for building Lockdown.

Wow, that sounds like an extremely strong show, and is that the show that will lead-in to Lockdown? Or is there one more week before the ppv?

It's like a really complete night and day booking on this show compared to alot of mostly shit I saw in the previous spoilers for the two weeks prior. Did someone lose power in the writing and they changed it up here or it is just coincidence? Cuz LAX both got pushed in seperate matches, they do a great sounding angle with old ECW guys, Foley/Sting's segment sounds great, and the whole Daniels return is awesome. Totally caught me off guard since I figured he would run just as Suicide for awhile. Lethal Lockdown sounds really strong now. I really don't think they will turn Jarrett full heel at all, but I like the twist they are adding into things with him being questionable in his decisions, etc.

From what I believe they are doing, they tape 3 weeks of shows and then edit it the way they want, so the tapings from Monday and Tuesday are the 3 weeks leading to the PPV.

I'll comment more later but finished watching the go-home Impact to Lockdown tonight and that was one damn good show overall. One of their best jobs in building last minute to a ppv they have ever done, will post more thoughts later, but Daniels/Angle was one hell of a fun main event.

Great opening match to kick off the show and a great main event to finish it off. The Foley promo WAS FUCKING GOLD! Foley played a good roll of showing that he truly believes he is in complete control of the program. Him having the guys in the back play the intros to different wrestlers was just the cherry on the sundae. Good promos throughout and I think this is the first go home show TNA has done in a LONG TIME that actually helped the PPV.

Oh yeah...

and Balls sold those chair shots like a true champion. Beer Money Inc/Team 3D has been booking 101 and it has made BMI come off as TRUE STARS.

Yeah, tremendous, tremendous Impact. Foley's Cactus Jack interview was the best promo I've seen in years and the main event was absolutely awesome. They built the PPV perfectly too. I've never ordered a TNA PPV before but I'm leaning strongly toward doing so this Sunday. The whole ECW atmosphere they've been building sounds like it could make for a tremendously fun show and if Foley can still bring it 1/4 as well in the ring as he did on the mic, the main event could surprise a lot of people.

I mentioned it in the other thread already, but really, the only glaring negative from the show last night (and I'll get more into the positives later) was Don West's job trying to be a true heel commentator more than ever. The guy just doesnt have it in him to be convincing in that role whatsoever. Then again, the guy just needs to move on from color commentary more than anything. And this duo needs to be broke up finally, they have tried far too long with little results. His bad overselling of things during the end of the great Sting/Foley segment really annoyed me, as well as him during that entire main event. Tenay, as well, could have done a lot better when Daniels came out....both guys just kind of treated it as a ho-hum deal.

I actually thought that Don West was pretty good last night. He's favoring the heels but not being over the top with it. Tenay's gotta go though.

What I'm really digging is this "who's side is he on" storyline with Jarrett. Vince Russo is doing a great job with this and this is the type of storyline that he's good at...it kind of reminds me of the Rock/Foley/Corporation story that lead up to Survivor Series 98 where they were planting all kinds of seeds for months and months and then the Rock heel turn came out of nowhere. I'm not saying that we'll see that type of a payoff with the Jarrett thing but that's the kind of vibe that I'm getting from it.

I like the basic idea of West as the heel announcer but I think he's forcing it really hard right now. There's no logic or natural character to it. He doesn't reason out WHY the heel is right like JBL did or just expose himself as a total weasel like Heenan did. He's just rooting for the heel because that's what he's supposed to do. And it kind of works when its the Mafia stuff because Angle, Sting, and Co have already spun the notions he needs and there's enough gray there for West's siding to sound unreasonable in a reasonable sort of way. But now he's applying it across the board and its just feeling forced like he needs to rant for every angle. Some stuff like the Beautiful People he didn't even seem to have an idea why he was supporting them. It was just his side of the fight.

Its very similar to the way he was when he first showed up in TNA and its possible he'll get more comfortable and improve as he did then. But its also possible he never gets "good" just as he never did as a face announcer.

I actually think West has done a really good job lately, much better than Tenay. He doesn't blindly support every heel. He supports the Main Event Mafia because he's a cranky old-timer just like them and he supports the Beautiful People because (at least in storyline), they're super hot and attractive. If anything, I'd say that West supports the heels less ardently than Tenay supports the faces and most of the time when he really goes off, it's just to point out Tenay's hypocrisy who he still has a well-established reason to hate.

Ne one else catch Christopher Daniels mouth to the crowd I NEVER LEFT before he got in the ring with Kurt? I thought that was a nice little nod to those of us that are in the know about all the other gimmicks they make him do.

Ne one else catch Christopher Daniels mouth to the crowd I NEVER LEFT before he got in the ring with Kurt? I thought that was a nice little nod to those of us that are in the know about all the other gimmicks they make him do.

Yeah, that was good shit there. If he would have winked or nodded after saying it, would have been even better.

Speaking of comedy too, as goofy and over the top that it is, I'm loving this ODB/Cody Deaner stuff. Particularly, that mixed tag match was actually not unintentional humor (which is normally the only stuff that makes you grin or laugh a bit during a TNA broadcast), and yet was pretty funny stuff. That Deaner guy totally has that redneck spaz gimmick down perfect so it works. The Daffney/Abyss pairing could work too in some over the top "so fucked up its good" level.

Yeah, regarding Tenay, he really hasn't hit his spot at all either lately, so I guess I shouldn't have knocked on West particularly. I'll say it again, when Daniels came out, Tenay didn't react hardly at all, which should have been a given for him to be a little shocked and play it off as significant. Plus when West asked Tenay about Jarrett's actions and stuff, Tenay didn't react like a no gimmick babyface announcer should, it was more like a guy that felt uncomfortable in his "role" (and rightfully so) of having to read lines, or at least it appears like it. My big problem with them both, particularly lately, is that they feel like they are reading from a script more than ever, and West coming off so green in the new role. But I guess that's to be expected early on with the change.

During the Bear Money beatdown, West sounded pretty natural when he started talking about the rough cut segments and how Team 3D were always bragging about themselves.

During the Bear Money beatdown, West sounded pretty natural when he started talking about the rough cut segments and how Team 3D were always bragging about themselves.

Agreed there, I will say that much...

That was one of the better TNA shows on Spike TV last night. They did a very good job building up several matches (the Wargames style match, Sting/Foley, Dudleys/Beer Money). The Daniels return was really good stuff that allowed Angle to get a cheap win and his team the advantage without doing any damage to Daniels.