TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

TNA Sacrifice

Yeah, another Sting and Kurt feud would probably upset Kurt because Kurt recently expressed disappointment that Sting couldn't really keep up with him (back in their feud). Right now, upsetting Kurt would be terrible for TNA, so I really don't see where they're going with this finish.

The fuck... so if Foley doesn't get pinned the TNA World Title doesn't change hands?

Nope, that's what's so stupid about it. That's why Foley wasn't giving a shit when the other three were fighting in the ring and they were doing commentary.

Jarrett being so close to pinning Sting made little sense since why in the hell would he want to retire him? I'd understand Foley doing a move like that, but given the fact that they pulled a swervy booking move (which is a weak ass idea by the way, because I think most people expected a title change to whoever got the pin) by only the title going to whoever could pin Foley, then shouldn't all three of them basically just want to go after him instead of each other? Wow, what a stupid bait and switch deal there by TNA. Very stupid, but I guess it accomplishes the inevitable Sting/Angle blowoff. I would expect the Mafia to break apart, probably Angle/Steiner/Booker and Sting/Nash or something like that. Yawn.

The deal in the main event annoyed me to no end, because they didn't emphasize this as being the case with Foley needing to be pinned to lose his title up until the actual match, thus feeling a bit baited and switched in that it wasn't even really a true world title match. It was like a conditional title match. A few other matches had some controversial booking to say the least. That finish in the I Quit match was just ridiculous. And the state of things in Nash/Joe gives flashbacks of so many times in the past we've seen guys like Hogan and Nash "do the job" and "put a guy over" but in reality, its the farthest thing from it. It's more a joke than anything. What Joe/Nash was, to me, appeared to be was a double turn by the end of the match.

The match itself had some good five minutes or so, but otherwise wasn't much to talk about. Overall, bad showing here, the booking really killed shit out of the gate.

Overall, definately didn't live up to the potential of the matches on paper. Bit of a letdown for sure.

Oh and for next month, guess it's a seven man KOTM match since it's Slammiversary Seven. So I would guess these four, Joe, Styles, and either Booker, Steiner, or Nash? I'm betting Booker v. Nash at the next ppv, which leaves Steiner as the guy to take the seventh spot in all likelihood.

The fuck... so if Foley doesn't get pinned the TNA World Title doesn't change hands?

Nope, that's what's so stupid about it. That's why Foley wasn't giving a shit when the other three were fighting in the ring and they were doing commentary.

Jarrett being so close to pinning Sting made little sense since why in the hell would he want to retire him? I'd understand Foley doing a move like that, but given the fact that they pulled a swervy booking move (which is a weak ass idea by the way, because I think most people expected a title change to whoever got the pin) by only the title going to whoever could pin Foley, then shouldn't all three of them basically just want to go after him instead of each other? Wow, what a stupid bait and switch deal there by TNA. Very stupid, but I guess it accomplishes the inevitable Sting/Angle blowoff. I would expect the Mafia to break apart, probably Angle/Steiner/Booker and Sting/Nash or something like that. Yawn.

The deal in the main event annoyed me to no end, because they didn't emphasize this as being the case with Foley needing to be pinned to lose his title up until the actual match, thus feeling a bit baited and switched in that it wasn't even really a true world title match. It was like a conditional title match. A few other matches had some controversial booking to say the least. That finish in the I Quit match was just ridiculous. And the state of things in Nash/Joe gives flashbacks of so many times in the past we've seen guys like Hogan and Nash "do the job" and "put a guy over" but in reality, its the farthest thing from it. It's more a joke than anything. What Joe/Nash was, to me, appeared to be was a double turn by the end of the match.

The match itself had some good five minutes or so, but otherwise wasn't much to talk about. Overall, bad showing here, the booking really killed shit out of the gate.

Overall, definately didn't live up to the potential of the matches on paper. Bit of a letdown for sure.

Oh and for next month, guess it's a seven man KOTM match since it's Slammiversary Seven. So I would guess these four, Joe, Styles, and either Booker, Steiner, or Nash? I'm betting Booker v. Nash at the next ppv, which leaves Steiner as the guy to take the seventh spot in all likelihood.

Yeah, exactly. I hadn't seen the last 2 weeks of IMPACT and I just kept assuming that since this was being billed as the "World Title Match" that the title would change hands on the fall as well as what the other person was sacrificing. After watching the 2 weeks of IMPACT I missed I'm even more baffled. Each man's agenda was to get the belt, and each man also had beef with Foley. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY ALL GANG UP ON FOLEY?

Now, the MEM becomes a babyface faction under Sting's leadership? WTF? TNA, in the past couple months leading up to this show, has been strong IMO. So, did someone fall asleep at the wheel here? The opening 6-man tag (which was thrown together 1 day in advance, at the most) and the tag tournament final were hands down the best matches of the show.

I've heard TNA Creative books months ahead so maybe this will all pan out, somehow. I wouldn't get my hopes up, though; this looks like a complete dead-end.

Yeah, this was definitely a sloppy show. Daniels/Suicide was really dull, the "throwing in the towel" finish for an "I quit" match was terrible, and the way the main event played out made no sense at all. They at least kind of explained why Angle and Sting got pissed off at each other, but it still doesn't make sense for them to turn on each other when they have nothing to gain, and Jarrett trying to pin Sting twice just completely defied all logic. Jarrett and Sting don't even have a beef, why would he want to end his career?'

It was actually pretty pathetic the way the announcers were trying to sell the leadership of the MEM changing as some major event. If they wanted to go with that finish, they should have done more to sell the friction throughout the match and then sold it as a mistake made in anger. If Angle and Sting worked together for most of the match and then fought over who would pin Foley, leading Angle to give Sting a chair shot and Sting to retaliate later and take the pin, at least I could buy that. The way it went down was just retarded though.

BTW, even though he's been completely forgotten I assume Lashley will take the last spot in the KOTM match. Kinda retarded they've waited so long to use him, but he's a way more logical choice than Steiner, Nash, or Booker.

BTW, even though he's been completely forgotten I assume Lashley will take the last spot in the KOTM match. Kinda retarded they've waited so long to use him, but he's a way more logical choice than Steiner, Nash, or Booker.

Are they still planning to do anything with Lashley? I thought they decided against using him since he never signed a contract. So, pretty much, we got about 3 weeks of Lashley walking out, and Angle smiling at him, with no pay off.