TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

HD: Leon/Morgan segment

Needs to go somewhere after my speeches, so near the end basically.

we go to the back, where deep in the darkened negelected reaches of the arena, Morgan Nerdly sits against a wall. Holding her dented and chipped Angle Award in her hands, her head rests in the lap of Leon Rodez, who is also sat against the wall but looking off into the distance, dis-interested.

MORGAN
...and I was nine years old. It was the last day of school before the holidays and there was a big assembly in the hall, where all the children were sat and they were going to give out awards. They gave out all of these sports awards and everybody clapped and smiled. And I clapped and smiled. And then, they did some more awards that weren't about sports. They called my name out and I was really surprised, so I jumped up and I remember I had this big smile on my face, because [i]I[/i] was going to get an award. Me! I knew Maggie had got a couple before and I think Melody did too, but I could go back home and have one too and it could go next to there's on the trophy case. But when I got out of the assembly, a group of the children in my class started to make fun of me, because my award was for Perfect Attendance. They called me a "teacher's pet" and an "apple polisher", and then they took my award and they started to throw it around and made me try and get it back and when they finally dropped it and I got it they all walked off laughing.

Still with the same look on his face, Leon realises the story has finished and glances over at the distressed Morgan.

LEON
So, somebody threw your award away again tonight.

MORGAN
Uh huh.

LEON
I see. You want to know what I think about that?

Morgan looks up expectantly. Perhaps expecting some sympathy, or some comforting words. Instead, Leon stands up, takes Morgan's Angle Award... and STOMPS on it, bending and busting it even more.

MORGAN
:O

With each stomp of the award Morgan cowers and she looks horrified at Leon.

LEON
You know what this award means? Nothing! It's just a chunk of cheap metal and wood. It doesn't mean a thing! It's worthless.

Leon walks over and to further illustrate his point, he starts to stomp and kick at HIS Angle Award until it's busted too, before kicking them both away.

LEON
These awards mean nothing. The only thing attached to these awards is cold, empty, vain glory. The respect and admiration of people who do not matter. You think the people who voted for this thing care about you? That because they put a tick in your box, or a cross against your name, that that makes up for the contempt they show for your life the other 364 days of the year? Do you really care about what those people think about you?

MORGAN
...no.

LEON
That's what I thought. You've already got the only thing that's worth having. The belt. Awards don't mean a thing. Being the champion does. I don't even have that, how do you think [i]I[/i] feel!?

MORGAN
I'm... I'm sorry, I didn't think.

As Morgan hangs her head, Leon rolls his eyes and sits back down.

LEON
It's okay. I forgive you.

Morgan cuddles up to Leon, who continues to stare off again.

LEON
Tonight wasn't the night to be celebrating anyway. That day will come. Soon.

Sign in to follow this