TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

HD: Leon segment

Back in her office, Josie Baker can be seen in conversation on her cellphone. Not heard. Eavesdropping is rude. As this unheard phone conversation goes on, Josie starts to feel like she's being watched and glances up. Emerging out of the shadow of the open door, Leon Rodez slowly walks towards the desk.

JOSIE
Something's come up. I'll call you back.

Josie hangs up and looks a little worried, but stands her ground as Leon approaches the desk and leans over, knuckles pressed against the wood.

LEON
I've been waiting all night for you to find me a window to talk to me.

JOSIE
I've been busy...

LEON
Well, now you can find some time in your busy schedule and listen to me, because it won't take long. I want, my shot, at the World Title.

JOSIE
We've been over this, time and time again Leon. You're not getting another shot yet. You need to get in line and wait your turn.

Leon scowls at Josie, who again stands her ground in the face of it.

LEON
Wait my turn. I knew you'd say that. Because you've got something against me.

JOSIE
Like the fact that you and your little girlfriend have tried to threaten physical harm on me if I don't give you what you want? Leon, drop the parranoia and the persecution complex. I'm treating you no differently than anyone else on this roster.

A smile forms on Leon's face.

LEON
I knew you'd say that too. Funny. See, I want my shot at the World Title. But I know that for whatever reason... bitterness, resentment, personal enjoyment... [i]fear[/i]... you're not going to give me what I want. That's fine. I'm used to not getting what I want from life. But, if you really are "treating me no different from anyone else" like you say... you'll do what you've done for everyone else... and you'll put me in the Lethal Rumble. And then, I can fight for my World Title match. Just like I've had to fight for everything worthwhile in my life.

JOSIE
Interesting. Well, how about this. I'll let you in the Lethal Rumble...

Josie smirks back at Leon now, knowing she's got him.

JOSIE
...but, you have to fight for it, by winning your match next week. If you do, you're in. If not, no luck.

Not liking this idea, Leon seethes and leans further over the desk, but Josie doesn't flinch and just raises her eyebrows at Leon.

JOSIE
Did you know I was going to say [i]that[/i]?

Leon glares at Josie for a few second, before cursing under his breath and storming back out of the office. Taking a relieved sigh, Josie picks up the phone and hits re-dial.

Sign in to follow this