TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WukenBloodstar

Which game of the past year...

Guest WukenBloodstar

My personal vote heads for Metal Gear Solid 2, outside of the graphics(Which were nice..for a PS2) the game was a HUGE letdown to me.I enjoyed MGS so much, played it again and again, why? Because of the storyline, everytime I beat a boss or nearly finished a level. It left me wondering what would happen next, a rare thing in games today...

Guest papacita

I'm not as much of a gamer as I used to be, so I'll go w/ SD3 because they took out all the features that made the 1st 2 games fun.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Wrestlemania X8

I was all hyped up for a kick-ass game ala No Mercy & VPW2. But then I heard the reviews, and the horrible CAW, and the lack of wrestlers in the game. No Mercy & VPW2 I bought right away. WM X8 i haven't even bothered with.

Guest -Cutthroat-

I was extremely putdown with Luigi's Mansion. Everyone raved on and on about it and when I got it...it really, really sucked. And the game got an 8 out of ten! Wasupwidat!? The thing is when they say the game is so great they over advertise it and when you get it the game isn't as great as they said it is.

Guest jimmy no nose

SD3, Raw, Wrestlemania X-8. WWE games have gone down with the shows, kind of weird, huh? Other than that, Luigi's Mansion and especially State of Emergency. I thought MGS 2 was great.

Guest Singular

Dungeon Siege was a huge let down for me. Neverwinter Nights is 100x's better.

Guest redbaron51

When you look at it at this point, I don't think the game companies that made the WWE games wanted a shitload of stuff in the game at first, then there would be nothing to add later on in future WWE games. That is the main logic why it is so shitty, its like WCW/nWo World Tour, you couldn't do much in the game.

As for let downs I'll say this.

MSG2

Final Fantasy X

Luigi's Mansion

Guest Spaceman Spiff
When you look at it at this point, I don't think the game companies that made the WWE games wanted a shitload of stuff in the game at first, then there would be nothing to add later on in future WWE games. That is the main logic why it is so shitty, its like WCW/nWo World Tour, you couldn't do much in the game.

That's not a valid excuse. WM X8 comes after No Mercy, so I would expect it to be an improvement on the previous issues. It doesn't need a shitload of extra/new stuff, just improvements on the existing features w/ a few new things.

Plus Chuck & Billy aren't in the game. They're the tag champs, and they aren't even hidden characters. Inexcusable, especially when you consider Rhyno is in there, and he hasn't wrestled since the Invasion angle.

Guest Youth N Asia

Final Fantasy X? Really?

I'm pretty much at the end of it right now, I've enjoyed it...it's been a little too easy though.

This most likely goes past the 1 year rule...but GTA3 is the more overrated game of all time.

NHL 2002 isn't any fun...on one setting you can score 40 goals a game...and if you tweek it one notch higher you get a scoreless tie.

And so far it seems ALL wrestling games on the big three have been letdowns (US releases anyway)

Guest redbaron51

No Mercy came out on the N64, which was the last wrestling game for that system.

WMX8 is the first on the Cube. Really would they want to cram in as much as you possibly can, that the next wrestling game would have no change at all, just an updated roster? Its marketing

Guest Singular

"This most likely goes past the 1 year rule...but GTA3 is the more overrated game of all time."

Right about that one. It's fun for an hour, but then it just becomes so repetative. Steal a car, Kill a cop, fuck a whore, repeat.

Guest jimmy no nose
No Mercy came out on the N64, which was the last wrestling game for that system.

WMX8 is the first on the Cube. Really would they want to cram in as much as you possibly can, that the next wrestling game would have no change at all, just an updated roster? Its marketing

SD3 was the first WWF PS2 game, and they had a whole lot of stuff in there.

Guest -Cutthroat-

Put all these posts togeter and it =s all games were a letdown this year...

Guest Doomsault

FF9 didn't come out this year but i felt that I had to mention it.

Wrestlemania X8 is mine for this year, I've already explained this on my review for it so I'm not going to relive the horror.

Guest The Man in Blak

As far as PC games go, Dungeon Siege takes the cake, the baker, and the entire bakery. I lub Chris Taylor as a developer and respect his ideals, but this is one case where his own name recognition is brainwashing other critics (PC Gamer comes to mind) that Dungeon Siege is untouchable.

As far as consoleware goes, there's been a good sum of disappointing games. Wrestlemania X-8 is definitely at the top of my list, but Medal of Honor: Frontline (no multiplayer? In an FPS?!) and State of Emergency are some other bigger names that haven't exactly inspired a purchase.

Guest WukenBloodstar

I think the only wrestling game to come out in the past year that hasn't been a letdown was LOW, that game is fun, plus coming out to your own songs rules. I'd kill to have a wrestling game that's like Firepro(move set,roster..etc) and looks like Raw.

Guest M Nyland

all I heard about State of Emergency was shooting civilians........that sounds like a stress reliever.......but I would never buy it...

Guest Kingpk
As far as consoleware goes, there's been a good sum of disappointing games. Wrestlemania X-8 is definitely at the top of my list, but Medal of Honor: Frontline (no multiplayer? In an FPS?!) and State of Emergency are some other bigger names that haven't exactly inspired a purchase.

As far as MOH: Frontline is concerned, the producer said he wanted to make as good a single player experience as possible, since the next MOH game will be more of a "Rainbow Six" type game with squads of players interacting with each other.

I tried State of Emergency, and just found it too boring, at least GTA3 had some variety.

FF9 didn't come out this year but i felt that I had to mention it.

Au contraire, I thought FF9 was the best of the Playstation FFs, 8 sucked big time and 7 had some serious translation issues.

I would agree with MGS2, the plot just fell apart in the last few hours of the game and Raiden was the Jar Jar Binks of video games.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

WWE WMX8. I wanna kill this game. Legends of Wrestling is vastly superior to this bastard cousin of the Smackdown games.

Guest mach7
That's not a valid excuse. WM X8 comes after No Mercy, so I would expect it to be an improvement on the previous issues.

Yukes had no responsibility to improve on issues for a game that they didn't even create. No Mercy was done by AKI. AKI is no more. Yukes did what they said they would do. This game was never hyped as a No Mercy sequel.

Guest The Man in Blak
As far as MOH: Frontline is concerned, the producer said he wanted to make as good a single player experience as possible, since the next MOH game will be more of a "Rainbow Six" type game with squads of players interacting with each other.

Oh, I'm fully aware of what the producers had in mind - and yeah, the single player experience is actually quite well done. It just boggles my mind (and probably the publisher's minds) why there was no notion of a multiplayer mode when the past MOH's have had them and Frontline's direct competition (Halo) is renowned for its multiplayer capabilities. It just seemed like a huge gaffe to me.

Guest WukenBloodstar

I enjoyed No Mercy a lot, never played WM X8 before, just how awful is it?

Guest Big McLargeHuge

You have a total of FIVE front grapples. That's it. All performed like the Smackdown games. The game looks rushed and some of the wrestlers don't have thier music in the game.

Guest JaKyL25

Luigi's Mansion wasn't that much of a let-down for me, since I never expected it to be awesome on the usual "New Nintendo System Mario Launch Game" level, since I knew that Mario Sunshine (or whatever it was called at the time) was due out soon after.

I expected Luigi's Mansion to be a great rental, and that's what it was: a great rental.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Bad. Nothing like No Mercy or the Fire Pro games. Think WWF Warzone with just a tad more detail.

Though, the CAW for Legends of Wrestling isn't that much better (it's limited and you can't edit faces), the gameplay makes up for that.

Guest WukenBloodstar

Damn, sounds like WM X8's CAW sucks, glad I don't have a GC. I a rumor that there is gonna be a Firepro Game for GC, any thruth to that? LOW is a better game than I first thought. I play LOW a lot, but nearly as much as I play Firepro for my GBA :D