TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The OAO Best of Friar's Club/Roast Thread

There's nothing better than sitting in a chair while friends and fellow entertainers rip you a new asshole. Some do a good job, others make you cringe. Hell, even some make you laugh at how bad they are, but you can always guarrantee a good time. Anyways, I was actually thinking about having a Roast of my own for my birthday (THAT would be somethin' else.), so I decided to start a thread about your favorite Roast and some of the lines you remember.

I actually remember enjoying Shaquille O'Neal's Roast of Emmit Smith. It was some quality stuff, and I remember Jeff Ross being SO out of his element. He had some good jokes, and I believe Jamie Foxx hosted. My second favorite would have to be Pamela Anderson's, if only because Courtney Love was gold. It almost became a Love Roast for a moment. I haven't seen alot of Roasts, so forgive me if I'm bypassing the elite.

And I can't remember which Roast this was, but Quinn got OWNED:

"Colin Quinn has been cancelled more times than Mary-Kate Olsen's dinner reservations", or something like that.

Courtney Love was a mess. The only worthwhile line was from Nick DiPaolo, "How is it possible that Courtney Love looks worse than Kurt Cobain?"

I haven't seen the whole roast (and I've heard it wasn't very good) but I was looking up old SNL clips on YouTube a week or two back and saw clips of Stephen Colbert and Todd Barry roasting Chevy Chase from like 01/02.

Here's The Colbert clip. It's really odd that it's a clean roast, it doesn't even get bleeped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73KxMBOQmrI

Jeffrey Ross was pretty funny back when the first roasts were aired. They were cheap jokes though. I wouldn't fuck him with Bee Arthur's dick! *Cue shot of Bea Arthur laughing*

I do remember the Colber roast was quite funny, though badly-received. He was trying his character out for the first time, IIRC.

I think the "Roasts" really dropped off when Comedy Central started doing their own instead of airing the Friar's Club roasts

You mean the ones with Artie Lang as the drunk that had too much?

Guest Smues

I ordered the uncensored Shatner roast on PPV. I thought it was going to suck but I ended up absolutely loving it.

"Who the hell talks like that unless they're constipated and trying to take a huge stinking crap.................KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"