TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ravenlo

WCW songs based on real ones-?

Here's some that I think are- Chris Jericho(2nd):Evenflow(Pearl Jam)

Pretty Wonderful-Faries Wear Boots(Black Sabbath)

Steiner Brothers-Bitch(Rolling Stones)

Any others?

Guest MillenniumMan831

Ric Steiner - Welcome to the Jungle

M.I.A. - War, What is it Good For?

Mamalukes - Godfather theme song

Steven Richards / Kronik - Love Dump

JJ - Cowboy

There's much more, but I have a brain freeze.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

KroniK - 'Love Dump' by Static-X. And now Steven Richards uses a remixed version minus lyrics.

Filthy Animals - One of their themes, around the New Blood era, was based on 'Vivrant Thing' by Q-Tip.

Road Warriors/Vince Russo - 'Ironman' by Black Sabbath

Shane Douglas - 'Perfect Strangers' by Deep Purple. Of course, 'Perfect Strangers' served as his ECW theme.

Lance Storm - ECW's theme song.

Eric Bischoff - 'White Train (Showdown)' by Tito and Tarantula, from the Desperado soundtrack.

Elix Skipper - 'Party Up' by DMX

I'm fairly sure Rick Steiner and Hugh Morrus (during the M.I.A. era) used themes based on real songs, as well.

Then, there are Goldberg, Sting and The Deadpool, which all used full real songs for a time.

EDIT: Millennium Man beat me to a few, while I was sitting here trying to think of more.

Guest the 1inch punch

True Story, This Thursday night, I'm on the College Radio Station presenting the Slam Jam, featuring loads of music feartured above, and a ton of ECW stuff

Cool...I recall hearing a song on the radio that sounded almost exactly the same as the NWO midcarder theme(Bagwell/Norton), except it was a bit slower-anyone know what it is?

Great Muta's WCW theme sounds a bit like China Girl by David Bowie, and Bobby Walker's theme sounds like Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.

Also, Ricky Steamboat's GOOD theme sounded like something that came out of the Dragon:Bruce Lee Story movie(anyone know where to get that theme?)...

Guest MillenniumMan831

First Family / Hugh Morris (singles) - The Zoo, thanks for reminding me kingofoldschool

Mike Awesome "Career Killer" - Beautiful People

Saturn - Beautiful People different version

Kanyon - You Shook Me All Night Long

Ravenlo - Good call on the Bobby Walker theme!

Lol-at least there's someone out there that remembers it! Also, Eddie Guerrerro's heel theme/Chavo's current theme sounds similar to that song in Dazed and Confused(the one that sounds like someone saying "Oh My Lord" in a low voice, followed by trumpets)...

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Lil Romeo used some Ricky Martin ripoff, but I don't know which one.

edit: Make that Kid Romeo

Terry Funk's 1989 theme sounded very similar to a song by Ennio Morricone from the movie Once Upon A Time In The West-I think the song is "Man with a Harmonica" or something like that.

Guest Mattdotcom

Eddie and Chavo had a "Low Rider" riff. Chavo still uses it when he's in a singles match.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
Ric Steiner - Welcome to the Jungle

As in Guns N' Roses??? I can't believe i never picked that up...

About what years did he have it?

UYI

Guest converge241

"'White Train (Showdown)' by Tito and Tarantula, from the Desperado soundtrack."

i think Joe Gomez Depserado used this as well

Guest The Metal Maniac

Chris Benoit's theme song was stolen off of SOMETHING...I can't remember the name of the band, or the song itself, but it's some song that, when you hear the real version, you'll think "They picked THIS for Benoit?"

Guest CoreyLazarus416
Lance Storm - ECW's theme song

Actually, it's a rip-off of HIS ECW theme: White Zombie - "El Phantasmo And The Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Wine, Women, And Blood Remix)"

Guest MillenniumMan831

I always wished someone would've used a ripoff of either "No Leaf Clover" by Metallica and/or "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour.

Guest geniusMoment

Damn lances ECW theme great. Why not use it now, Zombie lets edge use his music so I am sure Lance could. Also the Dawn-Torrie feud is over, why not call Lance the Impact Player get rid of Regal and bring in Dawn.

Lets recap:

Lance+Dawn+Impact Player+Cool Music=perfect Intercontinental Champ.

Guest T®ITEC

I seem to recall Shawn Stasiak using a rip-off of "Right Here, Right Now" by (I believe) Fatboy Slim. It was at the beginning of 2001...

Guest Respect The 'Taker
Chris Benoit's theme song was stolen off of SOMETHING...I can't remember the name of the band, or the song itself, but it's some song that, when you hear the real version, you'll think "They picked THIS for Benoit?"

The finished WCW-Theme Benoit had was great though...i loved it anyway.

Ah, the good 'ole days.

UYI

Guest Mattdotcom
Damn lances ECW theme great. Why not use it now, Zombie lets edge use his music so I am sure Lance could.

Rob Zombie sings Edge's theme.

White Zombie sings Lance Storm's theme.

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate

Sting's "Seek and Destroy" was the real version by Metallica, not a knockoff. It was from their Woodstock '99 performance and WCW Mayhem: The Music.

Guest T®ITEC

Muh gawd.

The song is called "Replica". It's so freakin' ghey and it's completely *wrong* for Benoit. Of course, without the lyrics, it was fine.

You can download it (minus lyrics, sadly) from Cyclone2K. And you should try finding the version w/ lyrics.