TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Man of Mystery

Entrance Theme Discussion

Talk about alternate entrance themes for your characters or for others.

I'll start it off, I'd love to use "Dreams" by Van Halen, it's sort of like the more epic puro entrance themes. I just changed Mike Guerriero's theme from the rather generic sounding Mutiny by the Soundtrack of Our Lives to Revenge by the Unleaded. Opinions?

California Love is the obvious choice for Parka since he's from San Diego and drives a lowrider. And Dr. Dre performed the theme live at GAB '03 so I have to keep the theme. But as far as alternates I've batted around using the following: "Fuel" by Metallica and "Fire it Up (Knight Rider Mix)" by Busta Rhymes. But I think I'll stick with California Love.

I wanted something goofy and cheesy for The Triple Threat so that's why I chose Korn's version of Word Up. I haven't thought of an alternative song.

I'm actually thinking of changing PK's music, but Oh Hell Yeah works as a theme for a face or a heel, I think. I actually might use Edge's current theme because I've come to like it a lot.

I was originally going to use "Galang" by M.I.A. for Ragdoll, and then thought, "Eh, The Killers is good enough," then I heard "I Disappear" by The Faint, and just thought, "This is Ragdoll."

So yeah. That's MY story...bitches.

But as far as alternates I've batted around using the following: "Fuel" by Metallica and "Fire it Up (Knight Rider Mix)" by Busta Rhymes. But I think I'll stick with California Love.

Well John "Rock Hard" Brickston already uses "Fuel" so I don't think that'd be a good alternative, but "Fire It Up (Knight Rider Mix)" could be a good choice.

I've been wanting to change PRL's theme to The Rock's theme from WWF The Music Volume 5 (which is the theme he uses now), but that seems more like a babyface theme. I've also thought of going back to "Know Your Role 2K3 (Hollywood Version)" that I used during PRL's North American Title reign, complete with the over the top entrance, but I'm just going to stick with "Know Your Role '99". It just sounds heelish.

In General/Old School, someone recently uploaded all of their WCW themes and posted them in a thread. I've thought of collecting all of our themes (except the ones MMoM has, since he's already posted them) and doing the same, would anyone object to this?

In General/Old School, someone recently uploaded all of their WCW themes and posted them in a thread. I've thought of collecting all of our themes (except the ones MMoM has, since he's already posted them) and doing the same, would anyone object to this?

I already got Tony's (Simply Ravishing) from there, but that's not important. That'd be cool, if only because I'm a cheap bastard who likes getting stuff for free (or, well, cheap at least as I'm on the Rapidshare Premium whatsit). And I need to get Back In Black from somewhere anyway.

I'm all for it, Alf.

I've had Getting Away With Murder since my heel turn in '04, as it fit the persona of Zack thinking he was untouchable. I kept it since it's a very "aggressive" song and fits the whole "aggressive face" mode Zack's been in since turning back to the side of good, but I've also been contemplating changing it to something fresh.

Grand Design was a song I always felt could be a good entrance theme. Besides, Symphony X is a highly underrated/obscure metal band from Jersey, so I'm giving them some love. I've considered something by Rush(my favorite band), but I wanted some dark and fast for Foshi. So, anywho, as I said Symphony X is an obscure Jersey band, so of course the theme is available on their site here...and I realized I don't know how to insert a hyperlink: http://www.symphonyx.com/media/evolution_(...and_design).mp3

Well, look at that, it links itself. I'd change it, but I think I'll let my ignorance show.

Edited by Foshi

I should also note I changed Tony Capella's theme because of the change in the hosting policy of the Grateful Dead and because Jerry really sounds awful at his last show

I'm curious, what do people think of my theme songs? I know Ashburn is in Japanese so people won't know what it means(I don't either). Also, do you think I'd be better going to Dreams, or what? Also, I wanted to point people to the site of ailsean, he's a really cool guitar player with some original work and video game songs covers on his site, all free http://www.ailsean.net

Sign in to follow this