TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Fantasy Football RB advice

I have another fantasy football league where I have a RB issue. I was hoping to see what everyone else thinks.

In my league, we run with 2 RB's. I have 4. They are...

LaDanian Tomlinson-faces the Broncos

Ahman Green-faces the Lions

Charlie Garner-faces the Bengals

Garrison Hearst-faces the Rams

If you are wondering how the hell did I end up with so many good backs, it's because we are only an 8 team league and I was 1 of only 3 people who drafted live, so I carved up the draft for RB's. Anyhoo, I am not sure of which 2 to start.

LaDanian had a disappointing first game, but is still one of the top 5 backs in the game and faces Denver. Ahman had good stats last week, but fumbles quite a bit. Garner is facing a weak Bengals team, but hopefully he gets yards and TD's through recieving, because the Raiders hardly run anymore. Hearst had very good stats too and usually gets good cracks at the endzone, plus he'll be facing a Ram team that allowed Tiki Barber 146 rushing yards last week. (that is not a knock on Tiki, its that the Rams aren't good at stopping the run)

Right now, I have Tomlinson and Garner starting, but should I reconsider on one or both and put in an Ahman Green or Garrison Hearst?

What would you do?

Tomlinson gets replaced by Hearst. I'd be a little hesitant on LaDanian after last week, and since the Raiders did let that many yards up, I would play it to my advantage for this week.

Garner stays on the basis that he IS facing a weak Bengals team that probably will give him quite a few good points.

Well that's what I'd do if I had RBs to use. Currently don't, but that's another story.

I'd never bench LT.  Even if he did have a bad week and he was facing the Bucs.  You have to play your stud.

I said I'd be hesistant to, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't make a change before game time. Still though, I would take Hearst over LT more than likely.

And yes, I know this is DA's thing and it doesn't make sense for me to argue with you.

LT starts every week. That's what you drafted him for. Your #2 is Green who should eat up the Lions. Garner would also be a good choice, but I slightly favour Green since he will now likely be Favre's top recieving target as well.

Park Hearst's ass on the bench and keep it there. With the backs you have, you don't need to gamble on someone who splits carries.

Guest El Satanico

Hearst over Tomlinson? no way

You have to stick with your best players, unless you have someone equally as good with a better match up.

I'd stick with Tomlinson and Green.

The matchups don't really make a difference this week. Garner is playing the Bengals, Green is playing the Lions and Hearst is playing the Rams. All of those should be good match ups.

Garner is always a risk since his touches will decrease if the passing game is firing on all cylinders. Between playing the Bears last week, Kevan Barlow and what could turn into a passing shoot-out with the Rams I wouldn't want to count on Hearst. With Green Bay's WR corps in shambles, Ahman Green will get a large role this week.

MUST play Ahman Green-faces the Lions and Charlie Garner-faces the Bengals because both opponets are weak on D.

Garner is always a risk since his touches will decrease if the passing game is firing on all cylinders.
I think Garner is as important to the Raiders as Priest Holmes is to the Chiefs as both RBs are the feature player on the offense. Garner did get 900 yards receiving last season so if he is not running the ball he will get the short backfield pass or the short screen pass or 5 yard dumpoff pass.