TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

Pakistani man decapitates himself in my town

Man decapitated in apparent suicide

FALL RIVER -- A 34-year-old Pakistani man may have taken his own life in a public and gruesome way on Sunday afternoon.

Although not officially confirmed by police, reports suggest that the victim was decapitated after he used the force of his vehicle in a bizarre strangling suicide.

Police are investigating the incident, which occurred around 12:30 p.m. at the bottom of Prospect Street near North Main Street.

Police say the man tied a nylon rope to his neck and also to a pole on Prospect Street. Once inside his car, he may have either stepped on the accelerator or let the car roll down the hill. The car traveled about 30 feet, colliding with a parked vehicle and pushing it onto the curb, before finally coming to a stop.

Fall River Police Department spokeswoman Detective Lisa Ahaesy did confirm that the man’s head was separated from his body and lay on the ground outside of the car. Police and medical personnel responded to the incident.

A Prospect Street resident who declined to be named said he heard the crash and ran outside to see if the motorist was all right. He said he approached the car, which was still idling, and looked inside.

"I couldn’t see a body," he said. "I was confused. It must have slumped down onto the floor boards. I spun around and saw a head on the street. I’m 60 years old, I’ve never seen anything like that in my life."

The man called 911 and reported the incident.

He had just returned home with his niece, whose baby had been baptized that morning. She was feeding the baby when she also heard the crash. When the man told his niece what he saw, she said: "At first, all the hair was standing on my arms."

"A woman went to her car and put a towel on the head," she said.

The windshield was splattered with blood. The woman said once police arrived, they did a good job at concealing the area from the public’s view. Police cordoned off the street with yellow tape.

Ahaesy said police have identified the victim but are not releasing his name until they notify his next of kin. She said the victim did have relatives who live on Prospect Street, but was unsure if he lived there as well.

Officer William Sullivan was the first on the scene. Capt. John Cheprin and Detective John Costa are investigating the incident. Ahaesy said police have not confirmed it as a suicide because they don’t yet want to rule anything out.

It took police several hours to clear the scene. The victim was transported to a funeral home.

The Prospect Street resident who first discovered the man said Sunday night: "It didn’t bother me initially. Now, eight or 10 hours later, it’s started playing in my head."

The Prospect Street resident who first discovered the man said Sunday night: "It didn’t bother me initially. Now, eight or 10 hours later, it’s started playing in my head."

IRONIC QUOTE OF THE YEAR~

Guest Bottled Black

Imagine walking down the street and seeing a head just laying there? That's gotta be a disturbing site, not 8 or 10 hours later, I'm talking immediately.

Beast is that my quote in your sig?

Guest FrigidSoul

If it happened in "Woosta" we would have put it on a pole, spray painted it to look like the Flying Elvis and marched down the street screaming "Go Pats!"

Imagine walking down the street and seeing a head just laying there? That's gotta be a disturbing site, not 8 or 10 hours later, I'm talking immediately.

Beast is that my quote in your sig?

Yes, yes it is.

Still not as good as lighting yourself on fire.

Some guy did that to his legs copying Motley Crue, than like burned himself to the max. They had to apologize and shit, so I guess this was before the days of people suing for their own stupidity.

Some kid in my eigth grade class tried it, but withOUT gasoline. I secretly hoped that something went wrong and that it would spread. Not because I didn't like him, but I would've had a good laugh. Now that I think about it, people failing= teh funniez~!