TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Guitar Hero.

Nope, no Malmsteen in this one.

Shoot, I'd love it if they put something like "Far Beyond the Sun" in there as a joke

Or maybe something like "Surfing With the Alien" or "Cliffs of Dover"

I could have gone with some more Symbion Project/Komputer Kontroller/Freezepop in the bonus songs. The one Freezepop song is sweet. I there are some terrible (not to mention ultra-repetitious) tracks in the bonus tracks, but they got a really nice mix of songs in there.

If you guys like this, I heartily reccomend Amplitude, which is like $20 now anyway. I know half the fun of Guitar Hero is the controller, but Amplitude will get you in much more of a musical trance with its more difficult tracks.

I played it at a party last weekend, and I am getting my copy next weekend when I get paid. Its fucking addictive, two player mode is a lot of fun, and yes, Bark at the Moon is fucking hard, even on Easy. Hell, I have been playing guitar since I was 19 and I have tried to learn that song for years. Damn.

I didn't get to play at all for 3 days and hardly at all on 2 other days (remember, I only got this a week ago) but I finally cleared all 25 songs on easy in career (had already done everything available on quick play) and did 3 songs on medium.

The last 2-3 songs on easy have challenging points, so I may have trouble with medium. Playing real guitar for a while helps a little, but not nearly as much as I had thought... and I suck at using my pinky on the real guitar anyway.

I still love this game very much.

They're easy, really. Hammer-ons and Pull-offs are cake compared to very fast single notes, IMO. I mean I can do about up to 4 or 5 extremely rapid notes, but beyond that, it's easy to lose your rhythm. Plus I can't go up-and down. That's what I have to work on.

And Infected on Extreme is really, really fucking fun.

I would've never though to use my right-hand for those insane hammer-on/pull-off sections without seeing that clip.

Guest Evolution

I don't see how it works. Does he just strum the first note requiring a strum and then finger the rest?

Also, I started posting my scores on Cyberscore.net. Fun stuff, even though only 10 people seem to be regularly posting scores with me. Anybody else on TSM use this site for high score posting?

Look at the notes when you play the game. They have a white center, right? If those white centers are surrounded by a black outline, you must strum. If they are just white, you can hammer-on, or pull-off. The disadvantage being, if you miss the first note, or any note in the string, all subsequent notes will be off. (I think, could just be the first note)

It's absolutely essential on some songs.

I would've never though to use my right-hand for those insane hammer-on/pull-off sections without seeing that clip.

If I'm reading this quote right, does that mean that the game actually encourages two-handed tapping, Eddie Van Halen-style?

If that's the case, then I'm so picking this up. This sounds too good to be true.

Don't know if the game encourages it, Man in Blak, but the Google video clip above tells me it's legitimately possible.

I;m fucking really good. I;ve beat both Freq and amp at the hardest levels. Fucking brutal. The thing is, my friend played Cool Cool Toons. The hardest fucking rhythm game ever. All hail the grungy white boy/

I'm dragging this one out of the dirt because I JUST NOW borrowed Guitar Hero from a friend and am playing it for the first time.

Awesome stuff but I have NO RHYTHM at ALL. So this game on Easy is difficult for me.

I'm so bad and have so little rhythm that I make Steve Martin at the beginning of the jerk look like a star. I was forbidden from clapping to the birthday song at a restaraunt I worked at.

Wow.... all of the things that I wanted in the sequel are coming out. These guys have a vision, thats for sure.

Big, those songs *should* kick your ass. Then again I'm stuck on medium, so I don;t have any room to talk.

I have those two and SRV to beat on expert. The bitch about "Cowboys" and "Bark" is the strumming's so strenuous, I have to rest my wrist for half hour before I try again. I need to get a longer guitar strap.

I finally got my crack at this when I saw it at BB (like DXP). Since my curiosity had been piqued from watching all the videos, I decided to take a crack at it. I enjoyed it, but I don't have a PS2 and am not sure if I would drop the money needed for a console and game, even used, and none of my friends have one I can borrow either

And I still think they should have dropped in some Malmsteen or Satriani as a joke

The Vs. option in GHII seems to be getting an upgrade, which is good. Red Octane has always sort of has a hard time with multiplayer. It seems they will have sort of a co-op mode.

I want some Sonic Youth!*

*Won't happen. : (

Guitar Hero 2 officiall announced. Will have a practice mode, co-op multiplayer mode, and the ability to play lead, rythm and bass guitar parts. Practice mode is something I've really wanted as Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon on Expert are kicking my ass.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/701/701726p1.html

After reading that interview...I am EXCITED for the sequel. I wonder if any release date has been announced.

I was planning to sell my copy of Guitar Hero and the guitar peripheral, but I guess that gets put on hold for a little longer.

Hopefully some of the bigger names will jump on the bandwagon for GH II and the indy songs won't suck as much. Well, at least I for one thought they sucked.

Well I beat it on Easy and moved onto Medium. The addition of the blue button is killing me.

For someone that's not coordinated and has no rhythm this game is a beast.

Guest spiritualbeggar

100% lurker, but Guitar Hero is the most entertaining game to come out in quite some time. You haven't lived until you're trading solos on Bark at the Moon multiplayer.

503573206_l.jpg

Looking back at Downhome's video, I came across something... strange. I hit the "more from the provider" link and it took me to a video of the same guy supposedly playing "Bark at the Moon". It has some anomalies, namely superhuman fingerwork and the frets pressing themselves. I don't know if it's a fake or what, but it definitely seems to raise some questions about the validity of his "Cowboys From Hell" performance. Anyway, the video is here for anyone who might want to take a look.

I have to say, going back to Frequency is tough. That game is just brutal. I don't know HOW the fuck I beat it.

Plus it induces severe tunnel vision. Probably shouldn't have done so much acid in college.