TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO Impact Special Thread

As a somewhat new TNA viewer, I must say that I'm not impressed with Monty Brown at all.

Not in the least.

None, zip, nada. None. At. All.

Guest Fook_Theta

Hahahahaha. I love the redneck florida crowd begging Monty to practically kill the jobber.

Downhome: You'll hate him at first but he'll grow on you. He has improved his ringwork ten fold and his promos can be either hilariously bad or pretty damn good for an ex-football guy. His major problem now is adding stupid comical shit into his 'serious' promos.

Guest El Satanico

The fans cheering on a face to repeat their finisher on a defenseless foe...that's just bizarre

Guest Leelee
As a somewhat new TNA viewer, I must say that I'm not impressed with Monty Brown at all.

Not in the least.

None, zip, nada. None. At. All.

Monte Brown is what I love most about TNA. Probably just because he's different.

I'll admit he's very like/hate, though.

TNA's crowd is the best. Not only for the Monty Brown stuff, but also the "Aaaabyss" chant as well as "Black Hole Slam". I found the crowd during Abyss' squash a few Impacts ago to closely resemble the crowds that cheered Goro in Mortal Kombat the movie.

Guest *KNK*
Monty Brown also represents the only fresh faces heavyweight contender they have.

Abyss isn't a serious title contender...so you're left with JJ, Raven, Rhino and Hardy.

Joe and Styles are virtually there when they want them to. Joe will be World champ by summer.

Guest El Satanico

I have no problem with Monty, but I may feel different if he didn't get a good audience reaction.

He's no worse than most power wrestlers.

Guest Leelee

Also, TNA is giving Monte some time to show he has a character... which they do for very few others.

I like Monty Brown, and I'm a first time TNA viewer. I was pretty unimpressed with that first match though. And Abyss looks like Mankind with some extra height, what's the deal with him.

He's been in TNA for a long time now. He used the mask and gimmick in Puerto Rico before that. He's better than your average big man...especially when you put him in the ring with AJ Styles. The Styles DVD has 2 Abyss matches on it...and with good reason. That's when I kind of flipped from "meh its a big guy" to "Damn...he's pretty good".

TNA should look back to that and have him and AJ go at it again. It would get him over...without the thumbtacks.

Guest *KNK*
Abyss was apparently deprived of water, food, light, as a child and has become a demented sadistic monster because of it.

The only difference from that and original Mankind is the piano prodigy part and a couple inches and about 25-30 pounds.

Why exactly isn't Abyss a serious title contender though? I love that guy, I always have.

I like him too...but the way he's been used for the last year plus doesn't lead to thinking that his role (look strong all the time, only lose to the person who is being pushed to the top, repeat) is going to change anytime soon.

Guest *KNK*
Austin Aries and Alex Shelley just started off a match on primetime TV.

Bizarro world is so much better than the real one.

I'm never leaving.

I can't believe only just a little over a year ago, Samoa Joe had a ***** match and one year later he's on national primetime tv getting a monster push.

Thank god he didnt go to WWE.