TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO Impact Special Thread

As a casual TNA viewer, I'd say having a 1-hour weekly show at this time is best, while keeping the door open for 2-hour specials as are being planned. 

The company would be better suited to leave you wanting more w/ a 1hr show rather than bombarding its audience w/ 2hrs of wrestling w/ guys many casual fans have never heard of.  The odds of holding onto an audience for 2 hours is a lot worse than holding them there for just 60 minutes.  The pacing of a 2hr weekly show would have to be AMAZING for it to work.

They really need more time for angle development and building characters. They don't have time right now to flesh out the storylines even beyond the top couple feuds.

I really the extra hour would give them room to breathe, even if it would create a more WWE-style paced show. Not to mention it'd allow for some longer matches.

They at least need 30 more minutes.

I can see both sides. The hour allows them to keep things moving at a quicker pace and have matches with much more action (note the tag match last week; the commercial break allowed them to take out a slower middle portion) and have you wanting more.

The two hours would let them build more Impact-specific angles and longer matches and not have their shows just seem like vehicles for their PPVs. That is the better option long-term, but I agree with Millenium that right now they should keep it an hour with the occasional Spike 2-hr special.

Ideally I think if they could keep Impact on Sat nights as one hour and then be given one 2 hour special a month (preferably very close before their ppvs) that would be pretty cool, much like WWE used to do back in the early 90s with their USA specials they did to build as a final shot to their ppvs (anyone remember Surivor Series Showdown, etc?)

With that said, I think Spike should, though, allow TNA a second one hour show now, which would be a Heat show in essense. They need 2 hours at least a week right now to weed through things better, but I do like the one hour "60 minute adrenaline rush" gimmick they got going there. They just have too much to cram into an hour though at the current rate.

Long term, when things start really hitting on all cylanders, I think they could do Impact one hour (even keep it Sat nights) and then a second show each week on Mondays with 2 hours, but that will take time and probably a larger roster overall.

Guest *KNK*
Ideally I think if they could keep Impact on Sat nights as one hour and then be given one 2 hour special a week (preferably very close before their ppvs) that would be pretty cool, much like WWE used to do back in the early 90s with their USA specials they did to build as a final shot to their ppvs (anyone remember Surivor Series Showdown, etc?)

With that said, I think Spike should, though, allow TNA a second one hour show now, which would be a Heat show in essense. They need 2 hours at least a week right now to weed through things better, but I do like the one hour "60 minute adrenaline rush" gimmick they got going there. They just have too much to cram into an hour though at the current rate.

Long term, when things start really hitting on all cylanders, I think they could do Impact one hour (even keep it Sat nights) and then a second show each week on Mondays with 2 hours, but that will take time and probably a larger roster overall.

I assume you mean month? Because 3 hours a week is overkill.

For such a long time all I heard people say about Sabu was how much he sucked now, and how he couldn't do anything at all anymore, but since I've been seeing him in TNA, at the PPV and everything, he seems fine to me. Did he suddenly start trying harder, or was he hurt, or was it just bashing him for no reason?

For such a long time all I heard people say about Sabu was how much he sucked now, and how he couldn't do anything at all anymore, but since I've been seeing him in TNA, at the PPV and everything, he seems fine to me. Did he suddenly start trying harder, or was he hurt, or was it just bashing him for no reason?

When Sabu's on he can be entertaining.

Prior to his injury last year...he was a spot blowing machine. Does anyone remember when he eliminated himself from a TNA gauntlet that he was supposed to be in the finals of...TWICE?

Since he's returned he's been on much more often.

Guest *KNK*

Are we really sure Monty Brown is where we want to go? I mean, He's reaching Warrior levels here with the promos.